About Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads & Infrastructure
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure is committed to producing quality infrastructure and generating work opportunities through programmes for the Limpopo province. Its main role is to promote and organize building infrastructure of provincial government, manage provincial structures, execute Expanded Public Works Programme and support goods and services accessibility through construction and maintenance of infrastructure.
The Department’s Government Infrastructure Operations is divided into Design and Construction, Properties and Facilities, Expanded Public Works Programme and Roads Infrastructure.
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads & Infrastructure (DPW) Bursaries
The Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure bursary programme was established to address skills shortage in the Department through educational financial assistance to disadvantaged but deserving individuals. It also aims to improve economic growth, employment opportunity and social progress as well as spread knowledge and accessibility to built environment.
The following fields of studies are accepted for the bursary programme:
- Building Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Architectural Science
- Asset Management
- Financial Management
- Property and Facility Management
- Information Technology / Management
Bursary covers registration, tuition, meals, accommodation and books expenses.
Upon graduation, the bursary holder will be required to render work to the Department equivalent to the period of bursary duration. In the case the bursary holder failed to comply with the terms and conditions of the bursary agreement, all amounts including interest should be refunded to the Department.
Announcements about the bursary programme are advertised through career exhibition, newspapers, radio and educational institutions visits.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen and a resident in Limpopo province
- Student or intending to pursue studies towards a degree/diploma at a recognized South African tertiary institution
- Already registered and accepted by the tertiary institution
- Grade 12 completion with proofs
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and fill up the DPW Bursary Application Form.
- Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- South African ID
- Proof of household income
- Qualification certifications or most recent academic records
- Application documents should be submitted through:
- Post: The Senior Manager, HRD & PMS, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X 9490 Polokwane 0700
- Hand Delivered: Works Towers, 43 Church Street Polokwane 0700
All applications must be for the succeeding academic year. Successful candidates will be communicated by mail and will be asked to sign a bursary agreement.
Opening & Closing Date
31 October annually
Address: 43 Church Street. Polokwane, 0699
Post: Private Bag X9490, POLOKWANE, 0700
Tel: (015) 284 7001 / (015) 284 7030