The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme is a collaboration between the Western Cape Government Department of Transport and Public Works, tertiary study institutions, relevant professional structures, and several non-governmental organisations (NGOs). The bursaries are applicable to students wishing to study in the fields of engineering and building science.
Masakh’iSizwe translates into “Let’s Build the Nation” and the programme aims to produce graduates with degrees or higher diplomas who will work on the province’s infrastructure needs as its economy grows and the demand for better transport routes and settlement opportunities rises. Bursary holders have enhanced opportunities for internships during their studies and long-term employment after graduating.
Masakh’iSizwe (MiS) Bursary Program 2021
In 2006, the Department of Transport and Public Works established the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme in 2006, in partnership with the Higher Education Institutions, non-governmental organizations, and other professional bodies.
The objective is to develop young professionals in the built environment and engineering fields with the help of bursaries that enable students to study towards a higher diploma or degree in the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Property Studies
- Quantity Surveying
- Town/City and Regional Planning
- Transport Economics
- Transportation Engineering
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme offers the following benefits:
- Prioritises individuals who are financially disadvantaged when awarding bursaries, especially learners from rural communities, students with disabilities, and women.
- Provides programmes for support services.
- Secures opportunities for learning.
- Secures opportunities for employment to those who graduate successfully.
Masakh’iSizwe (MiS) Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Applicants to the Bursary must attend any of the approved universities:
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Stellenbosch University
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must get accepted at the tertiary institutions mentioned above.
How to Apply and Application Details
Students can apply for this bursary by downloading the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Application Form. (pdf) Students can find the instructions for submission on the form too.
31 August 2020
Address: 9 Dorp Street, Cape Town, 8001
Tel: 0860 212 414