About Newcastle Municipality Bursary
This year, South Africans who reside in Newcastle may apply for the Mayoral Bursary. The Municipality of Newcastle aims to provide wider opportunities for its residents, especially to disadvantaged individuals, so that they can improve their education standard. This will increase their skills and knowledge so they can contribute to creating a better life for themselves and a better community. Newcastle Municipality will achieve this by providing financial support through bursaries.
Newcastle Municipality Mayoral Bursary 2022
The Newcastle Municipal Mayoral Bursary is for tertiary students. This funding will help qualified students achieve higher degrees in any field of study they would like to specialize in. The bursary is only applicable to any of the accredited Higher Education Institutions in South Africa.
Newcastle Municipality Bursary 2022 Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a resident of Newcastle
- Must have matriculated in Newcastle
- Must be within the age group designated as youth according to the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, Number 108 of 1996
- Must register to study at any of the government-recognized institutions for any field of study
- Must be either academics or matriculants who meet the requirements
- Applicants who excel in their academics will get a preference
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants must need to download and accomplish the Newcastle Municipal Mayoral Bursary Bursary Application Form.doc.
Applicants can also obtain the Municipal Study Assistance forms at:
- Office No. F26 and Office No. G27, Newcastle Civic Center
- Online at newcastle.gov.za
Interested applicants must provide the following documents with their accomplished Municipal Study Assistance application form:
- Certified copy of an ID document
- Certified copy of a parent or guardian’s ID document
- Most recent academic results
- Proof of income of the parent or guardian
- A provisional letter of acceptance from the preferred institution
- Proof of residential address
Failure to submit all of these will automatically disqualify the application. The municipality reserves the right to verify the applicant’s confirmation of acceptance at their preferred institution.
Applications should forward their applications to using one of the following ways:
Private Bag X6621
Or, hand-deliver their applications at:
37 Murchison Street
14 January 2022.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Newcastle Municipality directly at:
Sphamandla Hlathswayo (Community Liaison officer: Office of the Mayor)
Tel: 034 328 7776 / 082 222 4562
Mandla Kubheka (Youth Development Coordinator: Office of the Mayor)
Tel: 076 818 7979
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on December 28, 2021)