About SANDF Education Trust
SANDF Education Trust was founded by the Chief of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), General Solly Shoke 11 October 2013. General Shoke initiated the idea of an education trust after recent tragic incidents that happened to SANDF members. The main objective of the SANDF Education Trust is to provide financial assistance for study purposes to the dependants of the members or citizens who lost their lives or were severely injured within the course of SANDF operations.
SANDF Education Trust is inviting all qualified beneficiaries of the trust to apply for education bursaries. Bursaries will be awarded to Primary School Learners, Secondary School Learners and Tertiary Learners.
The trust beneficiaries are the following:
- Dependents of SANDF members, who were killed or severely injured while on official duty subsequent to 27 April 1994
- Dependents of Civilian members of the Department of Defence killed or severely injured while on official duty after 27 April 1994
- Dependents of Citizens of the Republic of South Africa killed or injured while on official duty subsequent to 27 April 1994, provided that such citizens were not engaged in an activity in opposition to the aims of the SANDF operation
- Dependents mentioned above who are or will be attending primary, secondary or tertiary educational institutions.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- APS-score of at least 22 during their June Grade 12 examinations for tertiary first-year students
- Minimum 60% of the modules completed and passed for senior students
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the SANDF Education Trust bursary application form.
- Accompany your application with certified copies of the following documents:
- Unabridged Birth Certificates of applicant/beneficiary
- ID or birth certificates (if ID are not available) of every household members
- Any proof of registration at the institution or acceptance letter for the course (in the case of 1st year tertiary students)
- Quotation from the institution on the fees. Banking details of the Institution, as well as banking confirmation letter, must be included on the quotation
- Any proof of household income (employment certificate, affidavit), not older than 2 months
- Most recent pension or grants proof, if applicable
- Grade 12 certificate and proof of the latest academic results for tertiary students
- School report of the June examinations for Grade 12 learners
- Submit complete applications through any of the following methods:
- Post: Chairperson Board of Trustees SANDF Education Trust Private Bag X161 Pretoria
- Hand Carried: C.O. Nossob and Delmas Road Armscor Building Room 1.3.137
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 012-355 5882
Note: If more than one member of a family wish to apply for assistance, a separate application form must be submitted for each applicant.
Senior Students/Learners (2nd year of study onwards): 31 October annually
First Year Tertiary Students/Learners: 01 November annually
Primary and Secondary Learners: 31 October annually
Post: Board of Trustees, SANDF Education Trust Private Bag X161 Pretoria, 0001
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 012-355 5107
Fax: 012-355 5882