About Breede Valley Municipality
The Breede Valley’s geographical location makes it a beautiful place. Engulfed by greenery, wide plains, strikingly beautiful mountains and rich valleys, Breede Valley is known for being the largest fruit and wine-producing valley in South Africa’s Western Cape.
The Breede Valley local municipality is spread across an area of 3,833 square kilometres. Drakenstein, Stellenbosch, Langeberg, Witzenberg, and the Central Karoo are the neighbouring regions of the Breede Valley. The major contributors to the valley’s revenue are agriculture, community services, finance, manufacturing, trade, and transport and communication sectors. Rawsonville, Worcester, De Doomsand Touws River are the three most significant towns in Breede Valley.
Breede Valley Municipality Bursary 2023
The Breede Valley Municipality is inviting deserving and eligible students to partake in the Mayors’ Scholarship Fund for the academic year 2023.
Through the Mayors’ Scholarship Fund, the municipality aims to expedite the development of human resources. It specifically focuses on the youth to enroll for the scholarship.
Students could use the bursary for accommodation, meals, transportation, registration fees, exam fee, class fees, and book fees.
However, the bursary is not a full-cost bursary and will not cover the entire cost of the academic year.
Students already receiving NSFAS bursaries are ineligible for the Mayors’ Scholarship Fund. Additionally, students pursuing fields of study related to the local government will be preferred.
Before applying, candidates must meet the following minimum admission requirements. Your application will be rejected if you don’t meet all the prerequisites.
- The applicant must be a citizen of South Africa
- You must be residing in Breede Valley Municipality area in the Western Cape province (De Dooms, Touws River, Rawsonville, and Worcester)
- The applicant must be pursuing matric in the year 2022 or have completed their matriculation
- Your overall average score must be 50% either in matric or your latest matric exam
- The applicant must be pursuing or intend to pursue study in the fields that are related to the local government
- You must be currently pursuing or intend to pursue at an accredited and recognized South African educational institution.
- The applicant must not be getting benefits of other bursary awards such as NSFAS.
How to apply?
You can obtain the application online by downloading it: Breede Valley Municipality Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
You can also get the application from the municipal offices and libraries (Worcester, Rawsonville, Touwsrivier, De Doorns). All information and documentation mentioned in the application form is a mandatory requirements.
Applications could be posted to:
The Manager: Human Resources
Private Bag X3046
Alternatively, you can also hand-deliver the application to:
53 B Baring Street
Along with your completed application form, send in copies of the following supporting documents. Submitting these documents is required; in case of any missing document, your application may be rejected:
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copies of your latest matric result, if you are currently pursuing matric.
- Certified copy of your matriculation certificate, if you have completed your matric.
- Your complete academic record, if you are studying currently (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Tertiary registration proof (on the letterhead of the institution)
- A breakdown of your complete study fees that includes book fee too (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Proof of income of your parents or guardians (if employed, submit the latest payslips; if unemployed, then provide an affidavit; if self-employed, submit bank statements, provide pension or grant proof, if applicable, and death certificate, in case of diseased parents)
- Residential address proof (municipal account)
The application deadline is 9 December 2022 at 14:00. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered; thus, submit your application by the deadline to guarantee consideration.
If you have any questions about this bursary programme, please get in touch directly with the Breede Valley Municipality:
Name of contact person: Mrs Sharyka Uys
Telephone No: 023 348 4962
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/