About Cape Agulhas Municipality
Africa’s southernmost municipality, Cape Agulhas Municipality, is surrounded by the Atlantic and Indian Ocean, meeting at L’Agulhas, located in Overberg District. It is a Category B municipality. Towns of Napier, Suiderstrand, Struisbaai, Elim, Protem, Bredasdorp, L’Agulhas, Arniston, and Klipdale fall under the jurisdiction of Cape Agulhas Municipality, covering an area of 2400 square km.
The administration is based in Bredasdorp. The municipality envisions rendering quality services through public ownership, good governance, and excellent partnerships. The aim is to create a safe environment that will provide financial sustainability, socio-economic growth, and building of a prosperous future for the residents.
Cape Agulhas Municipality Bursary 2023
In collaboration with Provincial Treasury, Cape Agulhas Bursary is inviting students for the bursary program in the upcoming academic year.
The bursaries will be awarded within the Cape Agulhas Municipality, pursuing a degree course in:
- Internal Audit
- Supply Chain Management
- Risk Management
- Infrastructure and Economics.
The bursaries will be provided for a single academic year to applicants requiring financial assistance and having a low combined monthly income. You cannot, however, use it to pay previous loans to clear existing debts.
CHECKOUT RELATED BURSARIES
Click here to get all the latest Government Bursaries and Scholarships.
Click here to get all the latest Engineering Bursaries and Scholarships.
Click here to get all the latest Chemical Engineering Bursaries and Scholarships.
Click here to get all the latest Accounting Bursaries and Scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria For The Cape Agulhas Municipality Bursary
You have to comply with the following eligibility requirements before applying for the bursary programme.
- The candidate must be a South African citizen residing within Cape Agulhas Municipality and must be between 18- 25 years of age
- The applicant must have completed the Senior/ Matric examination or other equivalent examination
- The applying candidate must be studying or intend to study in the fields mentioned in the bursary form and must complete education from an accredited and registered South African university
- The candidate must have an impressive academic background and a genuine interest in uplifting the community.
- The applicant must come from a disadvantaged background and should require financial assistance
- Candidates with physical disabilities are encouraged to participate in the program as well.
How to Apply For The Cape Agulhas Municipality Bursary?
To apply for the Bursary programme, applicants need to download the Cape Agulhas External Bursary Application Form and complete it.
You can hand deliver your application form to:
Cape Agulhas Municipality
Van Riebeek Street
Old Nedbank Building
Or, You can also post your form to:
Human Resources & Organizational Development
Cape Agulhas Municipality
P.O. Box 51
- You must mark your application as “Bursary Application” and put it in the tender box.
- Sending the applications through fax will not be considered.
You have to submit the following documents to ensure you are eligible for the bursary programme.
- Certified copies of ID documents
- Certified copies of the Matric certificate
- If studying, then the academic progress report
- Application/ admission proof at a tertiary institution (must include course scope, tuition fees, study duration, and banking details)
- A motivational letter in a minimum of 400 words explaining why should you the bursary should be awarded to you
- Certified copies of guardians/parents’ ID
- Certified copies of Guardians’ or parents’ total income proof (If employed, latest employed; if unemployed, affidavits; if applicable, pension or grant proof)
- Residence proof in Cape Agulhas Municipality
It is important to note that all these documents must be submitted along with your application form. If any of these items are missing, your application may be disqualified.
The closing date for Cape Agulhas Municipality Bursary is 10 February 2023 by 15:00. If the application is submitted post the given deadline, the bursary committee holds to power to decline the application.
For any questions or inquiries regarding this bursary program, please directly contact:
Mrs. Lauren May between Office Hours
Monday- Thursday (08:00- 16:30) and
Friday (08:00- 16:00).
Call 028 425 5500.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/