About Cape Winelands District
The Cape Winelands District Municipality is located in the Western Cape Province next to the Cape Metropolitan area and is one of 44 district municipalities in South Africa. The district has five local municipalities which are Drakenstein, Stellenbosch, Witzenberg, Breede Valley and Langeberg.
Cape Winelands District Bursaries
Bursary applications are only considered for Medicine, Engineering Studies, Accounting, Auditing, Risk – and/or Performance Management, Education, Law, Environmental Studies, Urban and Regional Planning, Social – and/or Community Studies, Information and Communication Technology and Artisans degrees. Successful candidates are required to sign a Study Agreement with the Cape Winelands District Municipality. Bursaries are valid only for one academic year and reapplications for the up coming academic year is required, as there are no automatic continuation of bursary funds are given.
Bursary holders will be required to submit academic progress reports at the end of each semester. In the case of holders’ unsatisfactory academic performance, the bursary will be terminated and the student will be disqualified for participation in the bursary programme in the future.
Cape Winelands District Municipality Mayoral Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- High academic performance
- South African citizen
- Proven financial need
- Students of the following areas:
- Engineering Studies
- Risk – and/or Performance Management
- Environmental Studies
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Social – and/or Community Studies
- Information and Communication Technology
- Permanent residents within the area of jurisdiction of the Cape Winelands District Municipality
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the Cape Winelands District Municipality bursary application form.
- Submit the application with the following documents:
- Household Proof of Income/Sworn Affidavit
- Residential Address
- Grade 12 Academic Results
- Send completed applications to: the Acting Municipal Manager, Cape Winelands District Municipality, P.O. Box 91, Worcester, 6849 (For attention: Mr. L.J. Farmer). Incomplete, faxed or emailed applications will be rejected.
- Should there be no feedback received on or before 15 January 2018, consider applications as unsuccessful.
Applications are currently closed.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
46 Alexander Street
P.O. Box 100
086 126 5263
021 888 5100
51 Trappes Street
P.O. Box 91
086 126 5263
0233 482 300