About The City of Cape Town
Located in the Western Cape province, Cape Town is the largest and oldest South African city. Cape Town is famed for its infamous Table Mountain – one of the world’s seven natural wonders.
The City of Cape Town provides the following basic services to its residents as part of the South African government’s Western Cape province: electricity, drainage, application and documents of building plan, property rates, noise control, regulating abattoirs, cleansing and refuse removal services, street lighting, regulating street trading, tourism, sanitation, water, parking and traffic, and waste services.
The city of Cape Town includes the following areas: Cape Town CBD, Blaauwberg, the Cape Metropolitan Council, Oostenberg, Helderberg, Tygerberg and South Peninsula.
City of Cape Town Bursary 2024
For the upcoming academic year, The City of Cape Town offering bursary programmes to students. Students residing within the Cape Town or Cape Metropolitan Area can apply for the bursary to study in any of the scarce skill fields below:
- Accounting (Cost Management and CA)
- Contract Management
- Artisan Training
- Engineering (a variety of disciplines)
- Analytics/ Data Science (Computer Science, Statistics)
- Fleet Management
- Environmental (such as water quality and air pollution specialists)
- Geographical Information Systems or GIS
- Information Systems and Technology
- Legal (different fields)
- Qualifications for Municipal Finance Management Act
- Project Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Renewable Energy
- Public Accountability
- Qualification and technical training in the fields of electricity, energy, electronics, refrigeration, and process control and operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Architects, urban designers, landscapers, planners, and surveyors
- Transport Management
A scarce skill is one in which enough qualified people are not there to fulfill a particular role.
The bursary will cover a portion or the entire cost of the following expenses: tuition, registration, and examination fees.
City of Cape Town will contact the shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard back with any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Criteria For The City of Cape Town Bursary
For entry into the program, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements. Applications that do not meet all criteria will not be considered:
- You must be a citizen of South Africa
- You must live in Cape Town/the Cape Metropolitan Area
- Currently pursuing Matric or completion of Matric is a must
- The applicant must be studying or intending to study full-time for a degree in any of the scarce skill fields mentioned above
- Currently studying or planning to attend a South African tertiary institution (the University of Technology or University or TVET College)
- There must be a financial need
- The applicant must not be receiving any other scholarship or financial aid (such as NSFAS or others)
How to Apply For The Bursary?
You need to download the Application Form and complete it.
You may also receive the application form from any of the City libraries or given below walk-in-centres.
Applicants can submit their applications in one of two ways:
– By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add “City of Cape Town Bursary Application” in the subject line of the email.
– By delivering to a Walk-in Centre:
- Atlantis Walk-in Centre (Wesfleur)
- Athlone Walk-in Centre
- Brackenfell Walk-in Centre
- Bellville Walk-in Centre
- Delft Walk-in Centre
- Cape Town Walk-in Centre
- Khayelitsha Walk-in Centre (Site B)
- Fezeka Walk-in Centre (Gugulethu)
- Mitchells Plain Walk-in Centre (Liberty Promenade Mall)
- Mamre Civic Centre
- Parow Municipal Building
- Ocean View Housing Office
- Plumstead Walk-in Centre
- Pinelands Walk-in Centre
- Wemmershoek Walk-in Centre
- Strand Walk-in Centre
Along with your application form, send in the following supporting documents. You may get disqualified if you don’t submit any of these documents:
- Certified copy of your ID document (no more than three months old)
- Residential proof (no more than 3 months old)
- A certified copy of your Grade 12 results
- An acceptance letter from a tertiary institution, if you are currently enrolled in matric (on letterhead of the institution)
- Certification of Matric completion, if applicable (certified copy)
- In case you are currently studying, please provide your complete academic record/transcript (on letterhead of the institution)
- Certificates or awards won if any
- If applicable, a letter of recommendation from a mentor or teacher or peer
- A minimum of two references who are reachable (with contact information)
- Please provide proof of the work you have completed in the area of study you chose, if applicable
- A certified copy of the parent’s or guardian’s ID
- Income proof of parents or guardians (certified copy – no more than 3 months old)
Closing Date Of The City of Cape Town Bursary
8 September 2023
Contact Details Of The Bursar
If you have any questions regarding this bursary programme, you can directly contact the City of Cape Town:
HR Service Desk
Email address: email@example.com
City Call Centre
Telephone No: 0860 103 089 (choose option no 6)
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/