About Compensation Fund
Part of the Department of Labor in South Africa, the Compensation Fund, as the name suggests, provides funds to injured, disabled, and diseased workers while performing their employment duties. It also includes workers who have died while working. This compensation fund provides for casual workers, permanent workers, and trainees who have become gravely injured or contracted ailments while working.
Compensation Fund Bursary 2023
Compensation Fund is inviting unemployed individuals to apply for Compensation Fund Bursary 2023 who have acquired permanent disablement while working.
The Target of the bursary application can be divided into two groups:
Group 1: (Working age) Pensioners/ Unemployed individuals who have permanent disablement due to ailments and injuries caused while working
Group 2: (17-25 years of age) Dependants of COID (Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases
Preference will be given to unemployed workers who have endowed permanent disability, and dependents of the fatally injured who have strong academic results and show impressive potential are considered as well. The bursary will cover accommodation, prescribed learning material, monthly stipend, and tuition fees. The bursary has to be renewed each year in the course of study. The availability of funds and the academic merit of the candidates will be the sole criterion for renewal.
There are certain eligibility criteria that applicants should suffice in before applying for the bursary programme.
- The candidate must be a South African citizen.
- The applying candidate must be of working age if applying from Group 1/ between 17-25 years of age if applying from Group 2
- The applicant must have endowed permanent disablement due to ailments and injuries caused while working or dependants of COID
- The applicant must be accepted at a Higher Education Institution or Community Education and Training (CET) College or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College in one of the degree courses mentioned by the panel.
- Preference will be given to unemployed workers who have endowed permanent disability, and dependents of the fatally injured who have strong academic results and show impressive potential are considered as well.
- Candidate must be able to improve and become self-employed
How To Apply?
To apply for Compensation Fund Bursary 2023, applicants need to download and complete the application form.
You can submit the application through email at CFexternalbursaries@labour.gov.za
You can also hand-deliver your application to the address:
167 Thabo Sehume and Madiba Street,
Delta Heights Building, or Couriered to The Sub-Directorate: Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Employment and Labour, Compensation Fund, Private Bag x955, Pretoria, 0001
If you do not receive any feedback regarding your submission within two months, then consider your application be rejected by the bursary panel.
You have to submit the following documents to be considered eligible for the bursary programme.
- Certified copies of ID documents
- Certified copy of the unabridged birth certificate (For Group 2)
- COID claim number/ pension number
- IF currently studying, submission of latest academic transcript
- Acceptance proof in an approved institution
- Residence proof
- Disability proof
- Quotation of tuition fees and prescribed learning resources, preferably on the institute’s letterhead
- If applying for the apprenticeship program, the pre-entry assessment
- Income proof of parents/ guardians and their ID documents
The last date for submission of the application is 31 March 2023. Applicants must submit the application before the deadline.
To solve any queries, you can contact:
Contact Person: Mr. Fani
Tel Number: 012 319 9264/ 012 319 5774
WhatsApp: 082 937 2062
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/