About Drakenstein Municipality
Located within the Western Cape province of Cape Winelands District, Drakenstein Municipality is a local Category B municipality. Drakenstein Municipality aims to provide amenities and services to its businesses, industry, tourists and residents. The Municipality includes towns Paarl, Gouda, Simondium, Saron and Wellington.
Drakenstein Municipality provides a plethora of services to its governing towns. The requirements of the towns are monitored closely and are prioritized accordingly. Strategies, programs and services are incorporated as required for the benefit of the community.
Under the guidance of skilled municipal members, services like electricity, water, housing, cleansing, sanitation, building control, fire rescue, and other community services are provided to the residents of the Drakenstein Municipality towns.
Drakenstein Municipality Bursary 2024
The Drakenstein Municipality provides a partial bursary to students residing within the municipal area i.e., Paarl, Gouda, Simondium, Saron and Wellington.
Drakenstein Municipality awards bursaries to students in the following fields:
- Accredited Skills Programs (Digger-loader/ hairdressing/ Grass Cutting/ welding/ painting)
- Artisan Development Training (Building construction/ diesel mechanics/ electrical: plumbing/ heavy current/ welding)
- Community and social development fields
- Engineering (Electro-Technical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering)
- Finance (Accounting/ Financial Management/ Auditing)
- Public Administration, Sports Administration and other Services ( Firefighting/ Public Management/ Human Resources/ Law Enforcement/ Traffic Management)
- Sports Administration, Public Administration & Services (including: Firefighting, Human Resources, Law Enforcement, Public Management, Traffic Management)
- Town & Regional Planning, Local Economic Development and Tourism, Architectural Technology, Environmental, Water/ Wastewater, Solid Waste
According to the bursary policy, successful candidates don’t need to reapply each year. The bursary will be renewed automatically at the beginning of each academic year.
Mentioned down below are the eligibility criteria for Drakenstein Municipality Bursary:
- Must be between 18-35 years of age
- Must be a permanent resident within the Drakenstein Municipality area i.e., within Paarl, Gouda, Simondium, Saron and Wellington
- The applying candidate must intend to study full-time towards any qualification in any field of the study mentioned by Drakenstein Municipality
- The candidate must be studying or applied to an accredited and recognized Higher Educational institution in South Africa
How To Apply?
To apply for Drakenstein Municipality Bursary, click here: Drakenstein Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
The mandatory documents required for applying for Drakenstein Municipality Bursary are:
- A certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copies of current results (if studying)
- If not currently studying, then certified copies of results of the latest examination
- Proof of application of registration to accredited and recognized South African Higher education institution preferably on their letterhead
- Details of the applicant’s course along with bank details, study duration, scope and tuition fees, preferably on the institute’s letterhead
- Certified copy of proof of residence in Drakenstein Municipality
- Proof of income of parents or guardians. If employed, the latest payslips and if unemployed, an affidavit from SAPs are required.
Application must be submitted in either of the following ways:
You can hand-deliver your application to Drakenstein Municipality:
Human Resources Training and Development Section
Paarl Civic Centre,
Email them at the email addresses given below:
The candidate must use “Drakenstein Municipality Bursary Application 2024” in their subject line.
Note: Applicants may receive a confirmation email upon receiving the application. Drakenstein will contact the final candidates by 31st January 2024 latest. If the candidate does not receive any feedback by that date, the candidate should consider their application as unsuccessful.
The last date for application is 21 October 2023 at 15:00. Candidates are requested to submit the application within the given date and before the allotted time.
If you are facing any difficulty regarding the Drakenstein Municipality Bursary, contact directly at:
Contact Person: Ms Ntomboxolo Mandla
Tel no.: 021 807 4503
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/