About The Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury
The Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury was set up to offer strategic and technical guidance in related to the management and utilization of financial resources for the province’s welfare. The department is committed to achieving its mission through efficient financial resource allocation, professional financial accounting, stakeholder engagement, and effective functioning of departmental legislatures, among other strategies.
Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury Bursary 2023
The Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury has announced the opening of its bursary program application process for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary programme is for undergraduate students residing in the Eastern Cape and pursuing studies in the following fields of study:
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Financial Information Systems
- Financial Accounting
- Internal Auditing
- Information Technology
The aim of the programme is to identify the strategic development and training needs that can enhance the core business skills of the corporation. The programme intends to improve the department’s service delivery by focusing on training and development.
The bursary scheme will concentrate on specific disciplines such as Accounting, Research and Analysis, Financial Information Systems, Economic Policy, and Financial Management to achieve this goal.
Before submitting an application, candidates must meet the minimum entry criteria below. It is important to note that any failure to meet these requirements will result in the rejection of the application.
- You must be a citizen of South African
- You must be residing in the Eastern Cape province area
- You will need to have finished Matric (NSC) and be accepted to a National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree program
- Your matric results must meet the following minimum requirements:
- level 4 for English First Additional Language or level 5 for English Home Language
- level 6 for Mathematics Literacy or level 5 for Mathematics
- level 6 for Economics
- level 6 for Accounting
- To be eligible, you need to be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree or national diploma program with a minimum of 360 credits at NQF level 6 or 7 in any of the listed above study fields.
- Applicants must be a full-time student at a public tertiary institution in South Africa
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need and have a total annual household income of no more than R378,765.
- Priority will be given to applicants with disabilities who have not received any previous awards from the department.
How to Apply?
Candidates fulfilling all the above requirements can apply for the bursary by submitting clear and mandatory copies of the following documents with their application. Failure to provide any of the required documents may result in disqualification of the application.
The application letter should have the reference number “ECPT/BURSARIES/2023”
Please note that there is no separate application form for this bursary. Applicants only need to submit the list of documents given below while applying.
Applicants need to submit their applications in any of the following ways:
You can email your application to the email: Vuyo.email@example.com OR at: Monde.firstname.lastname@example.org
Or your can hand deliver your application to the address:
Office 4046, 4th Floor
Applicants should submit the following mandatory documents while submitting their applications.
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copy of your matric certificate as well as final results
- Certified copy of your admission letter for the 2023 academic year from your institution.
- Proof of income of your parents or guardians (certified copy)
- Death certificate of parents (in case of deceased parents) and affidavit for proof.
- Documents for residential proof
- Proof showing disability, only if applicable to you (in such case, must state in your application letter the type of disability you have)
Applicants must submit their applications by 5 May 2023.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this bursary programme, please directly contact the Eastern Cape Provincial Treasury at:
Name of Contact Person 1: Mr. Vuyo Nohaji
Contact No.: 040 101 0055/ 083 975 0822
Name of Contact Person 2: Mr. Monde Siguba
Contact No.: 040 101 0050/ 083 984 8134
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/