About Elsenburg Agriculture Training Institute (EATI)
EATI was the first agricultural college set up in Southern Africa that worked towards the development of agriculture in the region. It was founded back in 1898.
It trains, educates, and upskills scholars who intend to specialize in agricultural production. In partnership with the University of Stellenbosch’s Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, EATI offers bachelor’s degrees related to agricultural studies. Thus, it ensures there’s a constant supply of skilled labor in the South African agricultural space.
The institute is an authoritative body in South Africa and serves as the Chief Directorate within the Western Cape Department of Agriculture. Even centuries later, it is a center of excellence when it comes to agricultural studies in South Africa.
The EATI Bursary
The EATI bursary is awarded annually to a set number of students. More specifically, the bursary is intended for students who want to take up agricultural sciences. But because of financial constraints, they aren’t able to pursue their dreams. The bursary also supports backward communities and people with disabilities.
The courses that the bursary covers are:
- Agric degree
- Diploma in agriculture
- Diploma in extension
- Diploma in cellular technology
- Equine studies
Other than the above, the bursary may also cover non-accredited short-term courses and higher certificates in agriculture. All of the courses are offered at the Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute exclusively.
The candidates are selected on a merit and background basis. So EATI will look at your overall academic record, your financial state, and ethnic background. Then, it will decide, at its discretion, who to give the bursary to.
* RELATED BURSARIES *
- View our other currently open Music & Arts Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open General Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Education and Teaching Bursaries and Scholarships here.
- View our other currently open Bursaries and Scholarships OPEN for application here.
EATI Bursary Eligibility Requirements
The bursary amount is limited. To select the most deserving candidates, EATI has laid out certain eligibility criteria. If you’re applying for the bursary, you must meet these criteria.
The requirements for EATI bursary:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have either completed matric or about to finish it
- Must have the intention to pursue one of the above agricultural courses at EATI
- Must not be benefitting from any other bursaries with service obligations
- Must need finance to fund the tuition
Preference is given to female, black students, and students with disabilities. So higher academic results don’t necessarily guarantee bursary if you’re not in the preference category. It’s a mix of factors that are taken into consideration when selecting students for the bursary.
How to Apply?
If you meet all of the eligibility criteria for the EATI bursary, you should move forward with the application process. The process isn’t lengthy, but it’s crucial to devote proper time to it to ensure accuracy.
Here are the steps involved:
- Download & Complete the Application Form
The application process for the EATI bursary starts with downloading and completing the Elsenburg Agriculture Training Institute Bursary Application form.pdf
If you’re interested in availing of the bursary amount, you must submit this form. That’s how the EATI becomes aware of your interest. But you’d have to submit this offline after downloading it.
The form can also be downloaded from the EATI official website in PDF format. It asks some basic questions about yourself and your educational qualifications. It’s important to be accurate when filling out the details. Incomplete or inaccurate application forms are discarded.
- Submit Necessary Documents
The next step is to supplement your application with all the necessary documents. These are used to verify and process your application for the bursary. The list of required documents is as follows:
- South African-issued ID card
- Updated matric result, if currently pursuing matric
- Matric certificate, if matric completed
- Academic records and certificates
- Parents’ or guardian ID cards
- Parents or guardians’ income proof (payslips, SASSA grant income, sworn statements if unemployed)
- 3 months’ bank statement of the applicant
- 3 months’ bank statement of the parents or guardian
All of these must be genuine and certified copies.
Once you’ve prepared all the documents and filled out the application, mail it to the following address:
Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute
Private Bag X1
Elsenburg – 7607
Please note that fax and email applications won’t be accepted.
Currently closed for application. Please check back later for the updated opening and closing date of this bursary.
For further assistance on the application process, you can get in touch with the EATI authorities.
The telephone number to call in is 021 808 7700
The email address to mail in is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/ Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.