About Gauteng DSACR
A division of the South African government called the Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation is in charge of fostering and developing young people’s sporting and artistic abilities in the province.
The branch is dedicated to making sure a pool of gifted humans for passionate and fundamental events; keeping the historical sources which include the promoting of National Days and symbols; web website hosting and helping the aggressive and most important sport, arts and cultural events; presenting library guide offerings via way of means of organising and retaining network libraries and presenting and measuring the right access to archival facts to keep the records and reminiscence of the province.
Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation – Libraries and Archives Bursary 2022
For the academic year 2023, the Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture, and Recreation is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme.
Bursaries will be given to students pursuing undergraduate degrees in the following fields:
- Records and Archive Management (Bachelor’s degree)
- Information and Library Science (Bachelor’s degree)
The bursary will provide the following benefits:
- Cost of tuition
- Cost of registration
Note: The bursary doesn’t cover the cost of books, accommodation and transport.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the bursary. There should not be any exceptions and the candidate must fulfill the whole criteria.
- You must be a resident of South Africa.
- You must be younger than 35.
- You must be a resident of the province of Gauteng.
- You must be a student in the province of Gauteng.
- You must be pursuing an education in one of the aforementioned fields or have plans to do so.
- You must be enrolled in or have been accepted to study at a public university in South Africa that is recognised and accredited. Studies at private universities are ineligible for funding.
- You should not have a permanent job.
How to Apply?
The applications must either be sent via post or hand delivered to the address mentioned ahead.
Click here to download the application form: Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Bursary Application Form 2022/ 2023 (.pdf)
Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation
Gauteng Provincial Archives
Private Bag X33
For hand delivery:
Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation Offices
35 Rissik Cnr. Fox Street
You must submit all the below documents along with your application. Please make sure to submit all the documents.
- A certified copy of your passport or ID card
- A certified copies complete academic qualifications
- Your CV
- Residential proof
- Proof of enrollment in or provisional acceptance from a university or college (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Official recent academic transcripts or results, if you are enrolled in classes (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Copies of any quotes related to your study
- A motivational letter outlining your reasons for receiving the bursary, your plans after graduation, and the advantages for both you and the Gauteng community.
The application deadline is 30 September 2022. Candidates must complete the application before the deadline.
Candidates can contact the Gauteng Department of Sport, Arts, Culture and Recreation for any queries regarding the bursary.
For Mr Zamani Mbanjwa
Telephone No.: 011 355 2803
For Mr Sizwe Mbuyisa
Telephone No.: 071 678 7799 /011 355 2549
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/