About George Municipality
George Municipality is a local municipality situated in the Garden Route District Municipality within Western Cape Province, South Africa. As per 2011 census reports, the George Municipality has over 193,672 people across 53,551 households.
Back in December 2000 at the local elections, the transitional councils that were formed got disintegrated. George Municipality was then founded as a single local authority that would be in charge of the coastal area governance. Meanwhile, the interior area north of the Outeniqua Mountains was formed to be the DMA (District Management Area) of the Eden District. In 2011, DMA was dissolved and this area was incorporated into the George Municipality as well.
George Municipality Bursary 2024
The George Municipality recognizes the significance of sustainable development of South African youth. Hence, it is inviting students to apply for its bursary program for the academic year 2024.
Bursaries may cover some parts or all parts of the total expense of studies. Students need to apply for the bursary every year. And, those who currently hold a bursary award must re-apply for its continuation. This may be subject to bursary conditions.
Students willing to apply for the George Municipality Bursary must abide by the below-given criteria:
- Must be a permanent resident of George, within the Western Cape Province of South Africa
- Current Grade 12 learners
- Those who have passed Grade 12 in the year 2022 or 2021.
- Previous George Municipality bursary recipients may apply
- Must be enrolled to study or willing to study in a Municipal (local government sector) or similar qualifications
- Joint household income must be less than R350 000 per year.
- George Municipality will give preference to study fields of scarce skills
- Applications not meeting the criteria, late or incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to enter into a bursary contract with the George Municipality.
- Canvassing for a bursary award will result in disqualification
How to Apply?
Students may get George Municipality Bursary application forms at the reception desks of George/Uniondale or Haarlem Municipal offices.
Students may also obtain forms online here:
Students MUST complete the application form in their handwriting with a black pen in PRINT. Students can submit the application forms ONLINE to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may also submit completed application forms at the Corporate Services Reception desks of Uniondale or Haarlem Offices.
Students must attach the following documents along with their application form:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Letter of acceptance from the educational institution
- Original registration certificate confirming the study field and subjects the student has opted for
- Resume (maximum 2 pages)
- To apply for continuation of studies, previous year’s academic results (if applicable)
- Proof of residence (Municipal account or other such relevant proof)
- Proof of Grade 12 results OR Most recent June academic report (certified copies)
- Certified documentary proof of income of parents/guardians (combined income with a maximum limit of R350 000.00 per year)
- Statements stating the monthly expenses of the student’s parents/guardians
- Students from indigent households must provide documentary proof of their status.
- Motivation letter from the tertiary institution or school principal
The application deadline is 20 November 2023 Monday at 12:00 pm
All queries related to the George Municipality Bursary 2024 may be directed to:
Tel: 044 801 9387
Tel: 044 801 9457
Please do not send any queries after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/