About KwaDukuza Municipality
KwaDukuza Municipality is a local Category B municipality in South Africa responsible for administering the KwaDukuza area of jurisdiction. It is part of the KwaZulu-Natal Province and one of the four municipalities in the region.
The municipality offers a wide range of services to its 50,000+ residents. This includes sanitation, road and infrastructure development, electricity, street lighting, health services, park and recreation development, etc.
KwaDukuza Municipality also runs several programmes to enhance the skillset of its residents. Bursaries are a part of such programmes.
KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary 2022
KwaDukuza Municipality offers financial assistance to a certain number of students every year via bursaries. The bursaries are meant to support the students in the KwaDukuza area who lack access to education. The municipality will cover the education cost on their behalf.
For the academic session 2022, the bursaries will be awarded to students at the undergraduate (National Diploma or Certificate) level. They need to be pursuing their education in the following fields of study:
- Built Environment
- Regional Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Environmental Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Library Science
- Performance Management/Monitoring
- Community and Economic Development
- Local Government Management
The aforementioned fields are categorized as local government scarce skills. Approximately 40% of the bursary budget will be spent on these areas. The rest 60% is meant to be spent on non-scarce skills studies.
The value of each bursary is set at R 5,000 and will cover only the registration fees and admission fees. Students are expected to pay for the rest of the expenses. Shortlisted candidates will get more information regarding his via email or phone. If you do not receive any communication, consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Criteria For The KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary
There are certain eligibility criteria for the KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary 2022. These are laid out by the municipality to select the most deserving candidates for the bursary programme. Since there are a limited number of bursaries on offer, the municipality cannot fund every applicant. Failure to satisfy any of the criteria will lead to rejection. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a resident of the KwaDukuza area of jurisdiction
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must have either achieved University entrance or have been endorsed in Matric
- Must be either pursuing or willing to pursue an undergraduate degree
- Must be willing to study full-time and not part-time
- Must be either studying or willing to study at a public tertiary institution that’s recognised and accredited
- Must not be receiving funding from any other bursary programme or NSFAS
- Must not have completed a degree or diploma previous to the current qualification
- Must have a strong academic track record
- Must have a proven financial need
Fulfilling all of the requirements doesn’t guarantee funding. Applicants belonging to a previously disadvantaged background will be given preference. Those with a superior academic record will also get priority over others.
How to Apply for KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary?
You need to go through the application process to apply for the bursary funding. It’s a simple process that shouldn’t take long to complete. Here are the steps involved in applying for the KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary 2022:
The first step is to download and complete the application form for KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary 2022. It asks questions about your personal details and contact information. Provide correct answers to all the questions.
The next step is to prepare the following documents:
- ID documents
- Matric certificate or statement of results (for new applicants)
- Progress report for all written examinations (for returning applicants)
- A motivational letter on why you’re the best candidate for the programme. (Note: If you’re not sure how to write an effective motivation letter for a bursary, check out this article for motivation letter writing guidance)
- Proof of admission/acceptance/conditional or firm offer (on institution letterhead)
- Course curriculum (on institution letterhead)
- Tuition fees statement (on institution letterhead)
- Proof of income of parents/guardians
- Monthly expenses of parents/guardians
- Proof of residence
Lastly, send your application to (if sending by post):
The Municipal Manager: KwaDukuza Municipality, PO Box 72, KwaDukuza, 4450
For hand delivery, the address is:
KwaDukuza Municipality, Youth Development Office, 42 Goolam Suleman Street, KwaDukuza 4450
Mark your envelope with “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2022” and seal it.
Closing Date of KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary 2022
The last date to apply for KwaDukuza Local Municipality Bursary is 15 February 2022 at 15:00 local time.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the bursary, contact Mr. Wiseman Cele at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 032 437 5170
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/