About KwaZulu-Natal Government
KZN is one of South Africa’s most populous provinces with a rich history. It is also a popular tourist destination as it is home to beautiful beaches, the majestic Drakensburg Mountains, and the protected St. Lucia Wetlands, with the latter two being World Heritage Sites. KZN has a rich agricultural sector and is home to the Zulu King, His Royal Highness King Goodwill Zwelithini.
The province’s government works actively in all sectors to create an equal society that offers benefits to all its residents. The province is a dichotomy of metropolitan modernity and agrarian rural living, making the government’s mandate complex.
KwaZulu-Natal Government is composed of the following departments:
- Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Department of Arts and Culture
- Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs
- Department of Community Safety and Liaison
- Department of Economic Development
- Tourism and Environmental Affairs
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Settlements
- Department of Provincial Treasury
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Social Development
- Department of Sport and Recreation; and
- Department of Transport.
Kwazulu-Natal Government Bursaries 2023
Kwazulu-Natal is awarding bursaries to students who are interested to pursue an undergraduate qualification within various fields of study.
Bursaries will be awarded to student residing within the KwaZulu-Natal province.
Please be advised that the funds dedicated to this bursary program are limited, thus, only a number of applications will be approved. The bursary is exclusively for full-time study at a public institution. It covers the entire tuition fees, meals or stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks.
Bursary recipients are required to work for the relevant Provincial Department for a number of years’ equivalent to the duration of their period of study.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to be considered for the bursary, applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizen
- Residing in KwaZulu-Natal province
- Accepted at a public institution of higher learning.
Preference will be given to applicants who will pursue studies at public institutions within KwaZulu-Natal province.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested students can download the Kwazulu-Natal Government Bursary Application form from here:
Completed forms must be submitted along with certified copies of the following supporting documents:
- ID documents of the applicant and their parent(s) or guardian
- Poff o residence in KwaZulu-Natal
- Matric certificate or current statement results if already studying
- Proof of income of either parents or guardians (payslip, pension receipt, or bank statement)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from the institution of higher learning
- Proof of unemployment issued by the Department of Labour if both parents and guardian are unemployed.
- Motivational letter, explaining your personal circumstance and why you deserve to be awarded a bursary.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Busi.firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “KZN Government Bursary 2023” in the email subject line)
Correspondence is limited to successful candidates. If you do not receive a response within 1 months of the closing date, please regard your application unsuccessful.
31 March 2023
For further queries related to this bursary program, please contact the appropriate KwaZulu-Natal Government department directly:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/