A nation can prosper only with the active participation of the youth in its affairs. To achieve this, young and talented individuals must receive appropriate support and means of education making them capable.
The municipality plays an important role in housing, sanitation, and overall development. When educated youth become a part of the fields related to the municipality, it improves the efficiency of the municipal body, brings in latest ideas and technology, and thus can help the nation to progress.
The Langeberg municipality offers assistance to students who want to pursue their studies in the relevant fields.
About Langeberg Municipality
The Langeberg municipality is located in the Cape Winelands District and its boundaries include a large area that comprises five former municipalities; Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor, Montagu, and Robertson.
The aim of this body is to provide quality and affordable services to the citizens to make their lives better. It also strives to provide accountable governance and carry out effective financial management.
Langeberg Bursary Program 2023
Through its bursary program, Langeberg municipality strives to assist students to achieve their academic goals and play an active role in the development of the nation. The Langeberg bursary program will be awarded for the academic year 2023 to students who are studying in one of the following fields.
- Building & construction management
- Civil Engineering
- Integrated Development Planning
- Town planning
- Water purification
To avail of this bursary, students are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria set by the municipality. Failing to meet the eligibility requirements, will render the student’s application rejected.
- Students should have cleared their Matric exams
- Must reside within the Langeberg area, in the Western Cape province
- One should take up the above-mentioned subjects as their field of study
- Students with disabilities can also apply
- Applicants must study at an accredited and recognized tertiary institution
How to apply?
Students have to follow a simple process to apply for this bursary program. One can begin by downloading and filling up the Langeberg Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Applications must be submitted at:
The Municipal Manager
Private Bag X2
Along with the application form, students are required to submit copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of the ID document
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
- A copy of proof of registration with the tertiary institution on its letterhead
- Disabled students should submit a medical note specifying their disability
- A written estimation must be submitted regarding the cost of the study
- Complete academic records on the institution letterhead must be provided
- Students must also attach a cover letter supporting the application
- If any of the documents are missing the application will be rejected
- Applications should be submitted before the closing date
- Written applications should be submitted at the Ashton Municipal office
- The applications should be marked as “Bursary funds”
- Students should send written applications to The Municipal Manager, Private Bag X2, Ashton, 6715
- The right to award the bursary or to reject the application rests with the Langeberg Municipality
The last date for application is 30 November 2022
If students have any questions related to the bursary they can contact the following:
Mrs. W Marais
Tel: 023 626 8201
Please do NOT contact The Langeberg Municipality office if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/