About Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads & Infrastructure
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure is committed to producing quality infrastructure and generating work opportunities through programmes for the Limpopo province. Its main role is to promote and organize the building infrastructure of the provincial government, manage provincial structures, execute the Expanded Public Works Programme and support goods and services accessibility through the construction and maintenance of infrastructure.
The Department’s Government Infrastructure Operations are divided into Design and Construction, Properties and Facilities, Expanded Public Works Programme and Roads Infrastructure.
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads & Infrastructure (DPW) Bursaries
The Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads, and Infrastructure bursary programme was established to address the skills shortage in the Department through educational financial assistance to disadvantaged but deserving individuals.
It also aims to improve economic growth, employment opportunity and social progress as well as spread knowledge and accessibility to the built environment.
The following fields of study are accepted for the bursary programme:
- Degree/N. Diploma in Asset Management
- Degree in Architectural Science
- Degree in Building Engineering
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Degree/N. Diploma in Landscaping
- Degree/N. Diploma in Financial Management
- Degree/N. Diploma in Property and Facility Management
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
The bursary covers registration, tuition, meals, accommodation and books expenses.
Upon graduation, the bursary holder will be required to render work to the Department equivalent to the period of bursary duration. In the case the bursary holder fails to comply with the terms and conditions of the bursary agreement, all amounts including interest should be refunded to the Department.
Announcements about the bursary programme are advertised through career exhibitions, newspapers, radio, and educational institutions visits.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen and a resident of Limpopo province
- Student or intending to pursue studies toward a degree/diploma at a recognized South African tertiary institution
- Already registered and accepted by the tertiary institution
- Grade 12 completion with proofs
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and fill out the Limpopo Department of Public Works Bursary Application Form.(pdf)
- Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of South African ID
- A certified copy of your matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- A certified copy of your matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institution letterhead)
- Proof of registration/ acceptance from a tertiary institution (on institution letterhead)
- Proof of household income
- A motivational letter stating your reason for applying for this bursary (Learn how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application.)
- Application documents should be submitted through:
The Senior Manager
HRD & PMS
Department of Public Works
Private Bag X 9490
- Hand Delivered:
Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure
43 Church Street
All applications must be for the succeeding academic year. Successful candidates will be communicated by mail and will be asked to sign a bursary agreement.
Opening & Closing Date
31 October annually.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads and Infrastructure directly:
Ms Ester Sehlapelo
Tel: 015 284 7422
Ms Linda Kaseke
Tel: 015 284 7107 / 015 284 7156
Address: 43 Church Street. Polokwane, 0699
Post: Private Bag X9490, POLOKWANE, 0700
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/