About Limpopo Government
The Limpopo Province, located in the northern part of South Africa, shares its borders with Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Botswana. The region derives its name from the great Limpopo River, which flows along its northern boundary, and is renowned for its abundant wildlife, stunning landscapes, and rich historical and cultural heritage.
Within the Limpopo government, the Department of Transport and Community Safety promotes socio-economic development by providing safe, sustainable, and integrated transport infrastructure and services. Furthermore, the department collaborates with various stakeholders, including the South African Police Service, to combat crime and corruption effectively, employing an integrated approach and effective oversight.
Limpopo Department of Transport and Community Safety Bursary 2023
The Limpopo Department of Transport and Community Safety, which operates under the Limpopo Provincial Government, invites applications from students to apply for its bursary programme for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary programme is available to students who are residents of Limpopo and wish to pursue studies in specific fields. These fields include
- Road Safety
- Transport Economics
- Supply Chain Management
- Transport Planning.
The bursary programme will cover various expenses such as tuition fees, registration fees, accommodation, meals, and prescribed books. Successful applicants will be entitled to receive these benefits while studying at an accredited institution or student residence.
After the bursary closing date, the Department will contact shortlisted candidates within 60 days. If you do not receive any feedback after this period, please note that your application was unsuccessful.
To apply for the bursary programme, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria. Please note that failure to fulfill all the requirements will result in disqualification of the application:
- The applicant must have South African citizenship
- Must reside within the Limpopo province
- You must have completed your Matriculation
- Must be studying or planning to study full-time towards a qualification within one of the fields of study mentioned above in 2023
- Must be enrolled at a public institution of higher learning
- The bursary is open to all youth from different race groups, specifically focusing on people with disabilities and previously disadvantaged groups.
Note: The Department of Transport and Community Safety actively promotes equal opportunities and implements affirmative action as an employer, with well-defined employment equity targets.
How to Apply?
There is no specific application form required for this bursary application. Students need to submit the below-listed documents to apply for the bursary. Read the advert here.
Applicants must submit their applications to the district’s head office:
Head Office, Phamoko Towers
The Head of Department
Department of Transport and Community Safety
40 Church Street
Second floor, office number 45
Private Bag X 9491, Polokwane, 0700
Vhembe District, Thohoyandou Govt Complex
The Director: Vhembe District
Private Bag X 2145, Sibasa 0970
Tel: 015 960 3000
Capricorn District, 32 Schoeman Street, Polokwane
The Director: Capricorn District
Private Bag X 9324, Polokwane, 0700
Tel: 087 086 3845
Waterberg District, NTK Building, cnr Thabo Mbeki & River Street
The District Director, Private Bag X 1038, Nylstroom, 0510
Tel: 014 701 3448
Sekhukhune District, Lebowakgomo Govt Complex
The Director: Sekhukhune District
Private Bag X 61, Lebowakgomo, 0737
Tel: 015 633 5150
Mopani District, Giyani Govt Complex
The Director: Mopani District
Private Bag X 9679, Giyani, 0826
Tel: 015 811 7000
Applicants who fulfill the aforementioned criteria can submit their application by providing clear copies of the following documents:
- Application letter, written by the applicant, and should include the reference number S5/1/1
- Certified copy of ID document
- Matriculation certificate
- Your recent academic results or record, if you are currently enrolled (on the letterhead of the institution)
- The applicant must provide evidence of registration or provisional acceptance at a public institution of higher learning, which should be on the institution’s letterhead.
- Residential proof in Limpopo
- Latest payslips or affidavit (if unemployed) of the parents or guardians as proof of income
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
The application deadline is 7 April 2023. To ensure your application is considered, kindly submit it before closing.
You may contact the Limpopo Department of Transport and Community Safety directly if you have any questions about this bursary program:
Name of the contact person: Mr Sefulro Rasefate
Telephone No.: 015 294 8240
Name of the Contact person: Ms Mahlako Mphahlele
Telephone No.: 015 294 8234
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/