About Mopani District Municipality
Named after the Mopani Worm that is commonly found in Giyani, the Mopani district is known for its nutritious worms which are cooked in a variety of ways and an important component of the local food culture.
Mopani, one of the five districts in Limpopo, is a district in Giyani, the capital of the district. Mopani has over one million inhabitants and is famous for its wildlife (including the Big 5), mountains, forests, waterfalls, and trout streams. It is also part of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier park, the park where South Africa meets Zimbabwe and Mozambique. Moreover, it also consists of a section in the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park, which connects South Africa with Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
Mopani District Municipality – Executive Mayor’s Bursary Fund 2022
Undergraduate students interested in the bursary programme are invited by the Mopani District Municipality (MDM) to apply for the bursary for the academic year 2022. Students from ALL undergraduate fields are eligible to apply for bursaries.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates must meet the following minimum entry requirements in order to submit an application for the Mopani District Municipality Bursary 2022 (please be aware that if you do not meet all the requirements, your application will not be considered):
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- You must be a resident of the Monipal Municipal area residing in the province of Limpopo
- You must have completed your matriculation
- Matriculation must be followed by a Bachelor’s degree admission pass
- Applicants must have been accepted to pursue an undergraduate degree by 2022
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- If you are in your 1st year of study, you may apply, with a compelling motivational letter
- Students from the Mopani District Municipal Area, who come from low-income families or who have disabilities will be given preference
How to apply?
Applicants satisfying the above criteria can proceed with the application process. To apply for the Mopani District Municipality Bursary applicants need to download and complete the application form below.
After downloading the form, complete the form by filling all the required fields carefully and submit the form either by post or hand delivery.
Note: You can also collect the application form physically from any of the following places: Fire stations, Giyani District Office, and Satellite Offices (it also includes the Disaster Management Centre in Tzaneen).
Applicants can submit the application form in any of the ways below:
Post the application to:
The Municipal Manager
Mopani District Municipality
Private Bag x9687
Or, you can also physically hand deliver the form to:
Registry Office 13
To complete the application process, supporting documents are also required to be submitted. Applicants are required to submit the given below documents along with their completed application form to be considered for the Mopani District Municipality Bursary 2022. (Note here that it is mandatory to submit all the required documents in order to be eligible for the bursary programme. Missing any of the items may result in disqualification of your application)
- Certified copy of your identity documentation (ID)
- A certified copy of your matriculation certificate
- If you are currently in tertiary education, please submit your complete tertiary academic record (certified copy).
- Admission/registration proof from your tertiary institution (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Curriculum Vitae with detailed information
- Bursary motivation letter describing why you should be awarded one
- Proof of income of your parents or guardians (that includes the last payslips in case of working individuals, affidavit in case of unemployed people, latest bank account statements for self-employed people, pension or proof of grant where applicable, or death certificate in case of deceased parents)
- Residential proof that must be signed by the Ward Councilor and Traditional Authority
Closing Date Of The Mopani District Municipality Bursary
The last date of application is 4 February 2022. Note that any applications submitted after the closing date won’t be considered. So, it is important to apply before the last date of application to qualify for the bursary.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear by the end of March 2022, consider your application as unsuccessful. Candidates qualifying for the bursary will need to sign the bursary agreement.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
You can directly contact the Mopani District Municipality, for any of your queries regarding the bursary programme.
Name of the contact person: Mr RJ Makhananisa
Email Id: email@example.com
Tel: 078 223 9526 / 015 811 6300
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/