About Musina Local Municipality
The Musina Local Municipality is located in the South African Province of Limpopo. The municipality is known for its cultural diversity and a rich historical heritage. People from a variety of African ethnic groups reside there giving it a vibrant culture, colored with their traditional languages, music, dances, and ceremonies.
Mapungubwe in Mucina was the centre of the African kingdom from the 9th to 13th centuries. The historical artifacts discovered there including glass beads, gold foil and ceramics reflect the historical importance of the place in the trade at that time.
Musina is still considered an important trading gateway between Zimbabwe and South Africa. The local communities of Mucina thus play a vital role in developing the country’s economy through imports and exports.
The Musina Local Municipality is always striving to promote the local communities by providing the best of its services and support. The bursaries offered by the municipality are a part of such efforts.
Musina Local Municipality Bursary 2024
The “Musina Local Municipality Bursary 2024”, also known as the “Mayor’s Bursary Fund” is announced to support outstanding learners who are struggling to get funds for their education. The Mayor’s office is going to prefer learners belonging to disadvantaged groups or from families with a very low monthly income for issuing the bursary.
The bursary aims at promoting tertiary education in the following fields:
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical or civil)
- Information Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Media Studies
- International Relations
- Human Resource Management
- Public Relations
- Public Administration
- Project Management
- Town Planning
- Development Planning
- Human Settlement or Building Science
The municipality has also recommended all the candidates to apply to the following institutes offering tertiary education in the above-mentioned fields:
- Univen (University of Venda)
- University of Limpopo
- UNISA (University of South Africa)
- U.T (Tshwane University of Technology, Polokwane Campus)
- Madzivhandila Agricultural College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Capricorn TVET College
You may also apply to any other university or college in South Africa offering tertiary education in the above-mentioned fields to be considered for the bursary.
The Musina Local Municipality Bursary will cover the following tertiary education expenses of the selected candidates:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Books/study material
All the successful candidates are expected to offer their services to the municipality after completion of their education. In this way, they can contribute to the community’s development by lending a hand in carrying out the municipality’s services. They’d be required to commit to their service to the municipality for at least a year.
You’re eligible to apply for the Musina Local Municipality Bursary if you meet the following criteria:
- You’re a legal resident of the Musina Local Municipality.
- The monthly income of your parents or guardian is less than R3500, or they’re unemployed for some reason.
- You’re either a Grade-12 learner or have passed the 12th Please keep in mind that if you’ve already passed 12th Grade then you’d have a higher chance of being selected for the bursary.
- Learners showing potential to perform well based on their previous academic results would also be preferred for the bursary. You must submit complete results to be considered for the bursary as submitting only 1 semester’s result or a half-year result would make you disqualified for it.
- Children of Municipality officials or councilors are not eligible to apply for the bursary.
How to Apply?
You must submit the hard copy of the filled Musina Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 along with all the required documents to the bursary committee in the Mayor’s office.
The address for posting the application form is:
21 Irwin Street
You need to submit the following documents along with the Musina Local Municipality Bursary application form.
- Proof of being a resident of the Musina Local Municipality
- Letter of Reference by the school principal (for the learners of Grade 12)
- A certified copy of the candidate’s National ID Card or Birth Certificate
- Certified copy of the National ID card of the candidate’s parents or guardian
- An affidavit from the parent or guardian of the candidate
- Certified June Result of Grade 12
The last date for receiving applications is 5 January 2024. So please make sure to mail the filled form along with all the required documents to the Mayor’s office well before the deadline.
If you require any assistance or have any queries related to the Musina Local Municipality Bursary 2024, please feel free to contact the Musina Local Municipality at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch by calling them at 015 534 6100.
Please do not send any queries after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/