About Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is one of the 8 metropolitan municipalities of South Africa. It includes the city of Port Elizabeth, the close-by towns of Uitenhage and Despatch, and the adjacent rural area; it is on the Algoa Bay shoreline in the Eastern Cape Province.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality, which came into existence on 5 December 2000, is an administrative district that includes Port Elizabeth (Gqeberha), the neighboring cities of Kariega (Uitenhage), Despatch, and the adjacent agricultural lands. One hundred and twenty people make up the municipality council chosen by mixed-member proportional representation.
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary 2023 (External)
The Nelson Mandela Municipality is making a call for applications for its external bursary program for the academic year 2023. This bursary programme is especially for areas of study termed as critical and scarce by the LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority).
The bursary will be awarded to deserving applicants studying in any of the following fields of study:
- National Diploma related to Building
- National Diplomas in Copywriting
- Creative Brand (MA in Arts)
- Digital Marketing (BA in Commerce)
- Construction Management (BA in Technology)
- Environmental Sciences (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Geo Information Systems (BA in Geography)
- Graphic Design (BA in Arts Honors)
- Internal Auditing (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Diploma of Internal Auditing
- Marketing (BBA)
- Diploma in Marketing
- Master’s degree in Policy Development
- A diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Stakeholder Management (PgD)
- Public Administration (PgD)
- Strategic Brand Communication (BA in Arts Honors)
- Strategic Brand (BA in Commerce Honors)
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Book fees
- Registration fees
To be eligible to apply for the bursary, applicants must meet the following entry-level requirements. Failing to which their applications might get rejected:
- You must be under 30 at the time of applying.
- You must be a national of South Africa.
- You must live in Gqeberha or Kariega to apply.
- You must not have an employment source.
- You must have a Matric certificate with valid results.
- You must prove the requirements for financial assistance.
- You must plan to study full-time in one of the above fields.
- You must study at an accredited South African university.
- You must have a minimum of 60% in academic records and specific subjects related to your field for 2022.
How to Apply?
Applicants interested in applying for the bursary, download and complete the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form (External)
Applicants must deliver the forms to the following address:
Executive Director: Corporate Services
Skills Development and Employment
Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality
Govan Mbeki Avenue
To apply for the bursary, applicants must submit copies of the following mandatory documents. Failing to submit any of the mandatory documents may cause your applications to get rejected:
- A certified copy of your ID or Passport document
- A certified copy of your valid Matric results
- Proof of acceptance on the university’s letterhead.
- Course outline and timetable along with the duration.
- Quotations from the designated university for all expenses
- Motivational letter (in 500 – 100 words supporting your application)
- If under 18, copies of parents’ IDs need to be submitted.
- Account statements and proof of residence.
The last date to apply for the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality Bursary 2023 (External) is 31 January 2023 till 14:00 hours, after which applications will not be accepted.
To inquire further about this bursary programme, applicants can contact at the details below:
Name: Bajabulile Makaya
Phone: 041 506 1249
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/