About Nkangala District Municipality
Nkangala District Municipality is a local municipality in the Mpumalanga province. It is categorized as Category C and comprises of six other local municipalities, which are:
- Victor Khanye
- Steve Tshwete
- Thembisile Hani
- Dr JS Moroka
The district headquarter at Middleburg, Nkangala, is an economic hub rich in minerals and natural resources.
A major part of the district’s economy is dependent on electricity, manufacturing, and mining.
The municipality runs several programs from time to time that further enhances economic prosperity in the area.
Nkangala District Municipality Bursary 2023
The Nkangala District Municipality is offering financial assistance to a certain number of students in the NDM area of jurisdiction via bursaries. Eligible students can claim the bursary to fund their education.
Known as the Nkangala District Municipality Bursary, it is generally meant for students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds. Through this bursary, the municipality aims to improve the condition of students from underprivileged backgrounds and uplift their communities.
For the academic year 2023, students from the following fields of study will be considered for the bursary:
- Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mining Engineering
- Regional/Town Planning
The amount has not been informed yet. Shortlisted candidates will get more information once they’ve applied for the bursary.
As a requirement, you must agree to work for the NDM and sign a contractual agreement. The duration is unspecified, and you’ll receive more information on this once shortlisted for the bursary.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To select the candidates for the bursary, Nkangala District Municipality has laid out specific eligibility criteria. Anyone applying for the bursary must satisfy all of the criteria. Since the number of bursaries is limited, it rejects those that do satisfy all. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for Nkangala District Municipality Bursary 2023 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside in one of the areas that come under the NDM jurisdiction
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background
- Must be currently either in Matric or have completed Matriculation
- Must be willing to study full-time at a recognised University or FET college in South Africa
- Must be willing to study in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must be ready to enter into a contractual agreement whereby they’d have to work at NDM for a specific period of time
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee the funding. It’s at the sole discretion of the municipality to make the decision. The list published by selectors will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the eligibility requirements, move forward with the application process. It’s a simple process that should take no more than an hour to complete. However, you should be diligent and not rush through it.
Here are the steps involved in applying for the Nkangala District Municipality bursary 2023:
The first step is to download and complete the Nkangala District Municipality bursary application form. You can download the form by clicking here: Nkangala District Municipality Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
It is in PDF, and you should complete the form online using a PDF editor and not offline.
The form asks certain questions about yourself, your contact details, and your academic records. Complete all the sections and move to the next step.
The next step is to prepare the documents necessary for the application. Here’s the list of documents you need to submit:
- ID documents (certified copies only)
- Recent academic records (certified copies only)
- Proof of address (you can submit certified copies of water bills, lights, or rates)
- Tribal Authority Letter, if no proof of address
- Proof of acceptance from the university or FET College (must be on institution letterhead)
- ID documents of parents or guardians (certified copies only)
- Proof of income of parents or guardians (latest payslips if employed or affidavit if unemployed) (certified copies)
Mail Your Application
Scan all the documents and mail all of them to:
The Municipal Manager
Attention: Youth Office
Nkangala District Municipality
2A Walter Sisulu
You can also submit by hand at any of the six local municipality youth offices.
The last date to apply for the bursary is 28 October 2022.
For more details regarding the bursary, get in touch with Ms. M. Shabangu or Mr. V. Maphoto at:
- Telephone – 013 249 2064 / 013 294 2665
- Cell – 072 201 6327 / 073 100 9289
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact the Nkangala District Municipality. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/