About North West Province Department of Health
Department of Health is one of the many departments within the New West Provincial Government (NWPG). It is responsible for building and maintaining proper health facilities to meet the needs of the residents in the North West Province. Department of Health also provides employment to many people of the province.
The Department also ensures there are an adequate number of skilled professionals in the healthcare sector. It has several initiatives in place to meet that goal.
North West Health Bursaries For Nursing Diploma 2022
Every year, the NWPG offers financial assistance to students via bursaries. Each department award the bursaries independently.
The Department of Health also selects a certain number of candidates based on their needs. For the academic session 2022, it will award the bursaries to students who want to pursue a three-year diploma in nursing at North West College of Nursing.
The DOH of North West Provincial Government understands that not everyone in the province is able financially to pursue a nursing diploma. To help such candidates, it offers to cover the entire cost of the study programme. Completion of the diploma programme will lead to qualification as a General Nurse.
There are 72 bursaries on offer for the year 2022. The Department of Health will send more information to shortlisted candidates regarding the programme.
There are some criteria laid out by the DOH for North West Health Bursaries For Nursing Diploma 2022. Since there are a limited number of bursaries on offer and the number of applicants often exceeds them, it can’t award everyone. It rejects those that do not meet all of the criteria. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for the North West Health Bursaries for Nursing Diploma are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be a resident of the North West Province
- Must be looking forward to pursuing a three-year diploma in nursing at North West College of Nursing
- Must have completed Matric and hold a Senior Certificate or National Senior Certificate
- For Senior Certificate Matriculants, the APS score must be at least 18 points. For National Senior Certificate Matriculants, the minimum APS score required is 23 (use this document to calculate APS score)
- Must be in need of financial assistance
- Must have a strong academic track record
- Must be currently unemployed
- Must not be receiving funding from other bursary/scholarship programmes (should the DOH later finds out otherwise, the training programme will be terminated, and the students will have to pay back the money spent on them)
Fulfilling all of the requirements, however, doesn’t guarantee bursary funding. Applicants with a superior academic track record or more profound financial needs will get priority over others. Students with disabilities may also get prioritized.
How to Apply?
If you’re interested in the North West Health Bursaries For Nursing Diploma programme, consider applying for it.
To get started, you need to download and complete the North West Health Bursaries For Nursing Diploma Application Form
There are six sections in the form, which are:
- Applicant’s detail
- Kin’s detail
- Academic detail
- Applicant’s home background (need to provide household income details)
In the Questionnaire section, you need to answer the following questions:
- Why did you choose Nursing as a career?
- How do you plan to use your skills & knowledge after graduation?
Complete all the sections in Block Letters.
The next step is to prepare the following documents (certified copies only):
- ID documents with bar codes
- National Senior Certificate / Senior Certificate
- Proof of household income (latest payslips if employed; affidavit if unemployed; death certificates if deceased)
- Proof of disability issued by a licensed physician, if applicable
- Proof of residence (letter from the Tribunal office or Municipality office)
Finally, you need to send the documents to the following address:
- Students in Dr. Ruth Segomotsi Mompati District, Dr Kenneth District, Kaunda District, and Bojanala District – Student Administration: Private Bag A19, Klerksdorp, 2570
- Students in Ngaka Modiri Molema District, and Bojanala District (Kgetleng, Rustenburg, Moses Kontane sub-districts only) – Student Administration: Private Bag X2178, Mafikeng, 2745
The last date of application is 10 February 2022.
For more details, dial the following numbers:
- (018) 406 8600
- (018) 392 0600
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/