About Oudtshoorn Municipality
The Greater Oudtshoorn area is governed by the Oudtshoorn Municipality and is located in the Little Karoo region of the Western Cape Province at the foot of the Swartberg Mountains. It is classified as a semi-desert region and used to be the Koi-San people’s native land.
Between the George Municipality, the Hessequa Municipality, the Mossel Bay Municipality, and the Prince Albert Municipality are the Oudtshoorn Municipality.
Agriculture, forestry, and fishing are the largest and smallest economic sectors of Oudtshoorn, followed by insurance, finance, construction, and manufacturing.
Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary Programme 2023
Oudtshoorn Municipality is providing an opportunity for students to apply for the bursary for the upcoming academic year.
Applications for any field of study are invited from students currently studying at Tertiary or Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institutions and learners who are currently in Grade 12 or have passed Grade 12.
The bursary applies to:
- All fields of study
- Students living in the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality, even the rural areas.
Note regarding the selection process: You will be informed within 30 working days if selected. In case you do not hear anything within the above timeframe, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The applicants must meet all the minimum eligibility requirements below. There should not be any exceptions to avoid disqualification.
- You must live within the boundaries of the Greater Oudtshoorn Municipality, even the rural areas.
- You must be enrolled in or have already completed high school.
- You must be pursuing a degree in ANY area full-time in 2024, or you must plan to do so.
- Your course must last at least a year (theory or practical)
- You must be enrolled in or plan to enroll in a TVET or tertiary institution in South Africa that has received accreditation from SAQA.
- The applicant must not be receiving any type of bursary from another organization.
- You need to have a good academic history.
- Students with disabilities and historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
The applicants need to download and fill out the Oudtshoorn Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (pdf).
Alternatively, you can also collect the application form from libraries, the Oudtshoorn Thusong service centre, municipal offices, and the Youth office.
After completing the application, please post it to the following address:
P.O. Box 255
Note: You must fill out the application in your handwriting.
Applicants need to submit the following documents along with their application:
- Certified copies of ID document.
- Certified Copy of last results, if you are currently studying in Matric.
- Certificate of completion for Matric (certified copy)
- Complete tertiary academic record, if you’re still in school (on institutional letterhead)
- Pro-forma or proof of enrollment or admittance into a post secondary institution Invoice (on institutional letterhead)
- Residential proof
- Certified copy of household income proof.
The application deadline is 16 November 2023. You must submit your application before the deadline to avoid disqualification.
You can contact the bursary provider regarding the application via the following methods:
Contact person: Ms M.Ayford
Telephone No.: 044 203 3091
Email at email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/