About Ray Nkonyeni Municipality
The Ray Nkonyeni municipality, which houses the Ugu district’s businesses, was founded in 2016 by the union of the Hibiscus Coast and Ezinqoleni municipalities. Ray Nkonyeni, a local liberation warrior, inspired the naming.
This municipality boasts well-developed products and is a popular tourist destination. Additionally, the climate is subtropical and humid throughout the year, making KZN a popular tourist destination. Margate and Port Shepstone are two major cities with developed public infrastructure, a stunning coastline with blue flag beaches, and a thriving tourism industry. The latter serves primarily as an administrative hub, while the former serves as a major hub for the development of tourism-related goods.
Ray Nkonyeni Municipality Bursary 2023
Ray Nkonyeni Municipality is making a call for applications for the Mayoral Tertiary Registration Fee Assistance for first-year students for the academic year 2023.
The bursary will cover registration fees only for students living in Ray Nkonyeni Municipality.
Bursary Eligibility Requirements
To apply for the bursary, applicants must meet the following requirements, failing which their applications will get rejected:
- You must be a national of South Africa.
- You must live in Ray Nkonyeni Municipality.
- The applicant must have completed their Matriculation.
- You must be starting your first year of study at a tertiary institution in 2023.
- Your household income shall not exceed R600 000 per year.
- You must not have any other funding source.
- You must be dedicated, hardworking and in need of financial assistance.
How to Apply For The Bursary?
To apply for the Ray Nkonyeni Municipality Bursary 2023, you may get the applications in two ways:
- You can request it from Mr. Nothando Skhosana. Email: Skhosana@rnm.gov.za or Phone: 039 688 2041
- You can physically collect it by visiting: the Ray Nkonyeni Municipality Youth Center at 46 Akin Street, Port Shepstone, 4240.
Applicants who have collected their application form by sending a request to the above email need to post their duly filled application form to the address below:
Manager Youth Development
Ms Samukelisiwe Ngwabe
PO Box 5
Note: For those who collect the application form physically need to hand deliver the application there only along with the mandatory documents)
To apply for the bursary, candidates must submit clear copies of the following documents. Failing to submit any of the documents will lead to the rejection of the application:
- A certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your matric results or final results
- Completed application form
- Residential proof
- Income proof of parents or guardians
- Death certificate of parents, if applicable
- Letter of acceptance from the tertiary institution (on the letterhead of the institution)
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The last date to apply for the Ray Nkonyeni Municipality Bursary 2023 is 31 January 2023, after which applications won’t be accepted.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For any further queries about the bursary programme, applicants can contact:
Youth Development Office
Phone: 039 688 2041 / 039 688 3079
Please contact during the working hours i.e., Mon – Fri from 7.30 to 16.00 hours.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/