About Saldanha Bay Municipality
The Saldanha Bay Municipality is on the West Coast of South Africa. Together with the Municipalities of Matzikama, Bergrivier, Swartland, and Cederberg, it forms the entire West Coast District Municipality. The Saldanha Bay has its head office based in Vredenburg with satellite offices located in Langebaan, St Helena Bay, Paternoster, Saldanha, and Hopefield.
Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary 2021
For 2021, the Saldanha Bay Municipality offers bursaries to four (4) deserving students who specialize in the following National Diploma or Undergraduate Degree fields of study:
- Risk Management
- Internal Auditing
- Supply Chain Management
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The bursaries are approximately valued at R70,000 for each student and will go to 2 students. First-year students may also apply to this bursary. This may extend to a maximum of 3 years depending on the compliance of the student with the conditions of the bursary.
After the student has completed their studies successfully, they must enroll in the internship program of Saldanha Bay Municipality. Candidates who make the shortlist will get notified by the 1st of April 2021. The applicants who don’t get any feedback can consider their application unsuccessful.
Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Before applying for the bursary, interested applicants must first satisfy the following entry criteria.
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must have parents or guardians who live in the Saldanha Bay Municipal Area
- Must have completed Matric
- Must enter their first year of study in the year 2021
- Must study or intend to study full-time in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must have been provisionally accepted or accepted to study one of the accredited South African Universities or Universities of Technology
- Must have gotten at least 40% in Mathematics or 50% in Mathematical Literacy in Matric
- Must have gotten at least a 60% average in Matric or at least 50% with a minimum average in Mathematics of 60%
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged group or have some kind of disability
Preference goes to students whose parents live in the municipal area of the Municipality. Partial preference will also go to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and those who have disabilities. Failure to satisfy all of these requirements may lead to the application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
To apply for the bursary, the applicant must download then accomplish the Application Form.
Together with the form, the applicant should also submit clear copies of the following documentation:
- Certified copy of an ID document
- Certified copy of the final results in Grade 11
- Certified copy of the Matric results of September
- Certified copy of the final results in Matric or the Matric certificate (if already completed)
- University provisional acceptance or acceptance letter on the letterhead
- Certified copies of the applicant’s parent’s or guardian’s ID documents
- Proof of income of the applicant’s parents or guardians in the form of payslips (if employed) or bank statements (if unemployed)
- Proof of address of the applicant’s parents or guardians
- Certified copies of the ID documents of the people who depend on the family income
- Affidavit of guardianship if the applicant doesn’t live with their parents
- A motivational letter that includes either what motivates the applicant to study in their chosen field or why the applicant thinks they should receive the bursary. Should be a maximum of 1000 words only
The submission of all of these documents is a requirement. Failure to submit all of these documents may lead to the application getting disregarded. Also, applications will get marked ‘Incomplete’ until letters of provisional acceptance to the university and final Matric results are officially received. Applicants can send their applications through:
Email at: email@example.com
Human Resource Services
Private Bag X12
20 May 2021
Address: 12 Main Road, Vredenburg, 7380
Contact No.: 022 701 7000
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org