About The Stellenbosch Municipality
Stellenbosch Municipality, also known as Stellenbosch Local Municipality, is a government sector in South Africa. Its jurisdiction includes the towns of Stellenbosch, Pniel, and Franschhoek, as well as the surrounding rural areas in the Western Cape province. The municipality is situated within the Cape Winelands District Municipality and shares borders with The City of Cape Town Municipality, Drakenstein Municipality, Breede Valley Municipality, and Theewaterskloof Municipality in Cape Winelands District.
Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary 2023
The Stellenbosch Municipality has partnered with the Provincial Treasury Department of the Western Cape Government to offer bursaries to unemployed youth who live permanently in the municipal area of Stellenbosch and its surrounding regions. The objective of this initiative is to provide support to high-performing learners and those with the potential to thrive in HEIs (Higher Education Institutions).
The bursary is for the following field of higher education:
- Internal Auditing
- Supply Chain Management
- Risk Management
- Infrastructure (Quantity Surveying and Civil Engineering)
Eligibility Criteria for The Bursary
The applicants must meet the following minimum entry requirements to qualify for the Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary 2023:
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You must be permanently residing within the Stellenbosch Municipality or the surrounding areas.
- You must have a strong academic record.
- The applicants must have either completed or pursuing matric.
- Studying or intend to study full-time toward an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any of the above fields of study,
- Currently studying at a South African Higher Educational and Training Institution or intending to study there.
- You must be currently unemployed.
How to Apply?
Applicants who are interested in the opportunity should obtain the prescribed application form from the Municipal website: www.stellenbosch.gov.za.
Download and complete the following application form below:
You can also collect the application form from the HR Department during their normal work hours (08h00 –16h30), and use it to apply.
Applicants may submit their applications by:
Hand Delivery at:
HR Specialist: Training & Skills Development
Human Resource Services
71 Plein Street, Ecclesia Building
Or, Post at:
PO Box 17
Note: No applications will be considered if they are sent by fax or email.
Applicants need to submit the following supporting documents along with their application.
- Your CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copy of your address proof (Municipal account, affidavit, etc.)
- Certified copy of your latest results, if you are currently studying in Matric.
- Certified copy of your matriculation certificate, if already completed Matric
- A certified copy of your academic record if you are currently studying at a tertiary level.
- Applicants must provide evidence of their application/registration at tertiary institutions towards the fields of study mentioned above (on the letterhead of the institution)
Closing Date of the Bursary
The application deadline is 10 March 2023. It is important that you submit your applications by the closing date.
If you would like more information about the bursary or to check the status of your application, contact Stellenbosch Municipality.
Name of the contact person: MsStacy Jacobs
Contact No.: 021 8088093 or 021 8088977
Contact No.: 021 8088977
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/