About Steve Tshwete Local Municipality
Steve Tshwete Local Municipality is situated in the Mpumalanga Province of South Africa and is named after a prominent anti-apartheid activist. With its administrative seat in Middelburg, this municipality covers a diverse landscape, including urban and rural areas. It plays a pivotal role in local governance, providing services and infrastructure to its residents.
The municipality boasts a rich history and cultural heritage, reflecting the country’s journey from apartheid to democracy. Steve Tshwete Local Municipality is dedicated to improving the quality of life for its citizens and fostering sustainable development in the region.
Steve Tshwete Local Municipality Bursary 2024
The Steve Tshwete Local Municipality has announced bursaries for eligible youth (aged 18-35) living within the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality. Those interested in pursuing full-time or distance learning undergraduate programs at public universities or TVET colleges are encouraged to apply.
The following fields of study will be eligible for financial support:
- Engineering studies (Electrical, Civil, Mining, Mechanical, Chemical, and Mining Engineering)
- Internal Auditing, Accounting/Financial Management
- Architectural Design, Town & Regional Planning, Property/Real Estate Valuations & Management, Quantity Surveying
- Legal Studies
- Development Studies, Environmental Studies
- National Certificate-Vocational
- Media Studies
The municipality will provide financial support to approved bursary recipients on an annual basis, in accordance with their academic curriculum, and mode of study, and in alignment with the expenses specified by the educational institution.
Depending on the budget availability, the bursary fund will include the following segments:
- The tuition fees are in accordance with the institution’s fee schedule.
- Accommodation and meal expenses are subject to the submission of supporting documentation (such as an on-campus boarding fee structure or a private lease agreement) and meeting the stipulated criteria.
- Learning material expenses are aligned with the study curriculum and learning needs.
- The monthly allowance is subject to budget availability.
NB: The municipality does not assure a full-scale bursary to chosen candidates. The allocation of funding is contingent on affordability and adheres to the terms specified in the bursary agreement mutually agreed upon by learners and the municipality.
The applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements before applying.
- The applicant must be a South African citizen residing within the borders of Steve Tshwete Local Municipality (MP313).
- Individuals from previously disadvantaged groups and those living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have applied for and gained admission into a public institution of higher learning to pursue an undergraduate qualification.
- Current grade 12 learners who have applied for admission and have been granted provisional admission pending their final grade 12 results are eligible to apply.
- The applicant’s combined gross family/household income must not exceed R350,000.00 per annum to meet the financial qualifying criteria for funding.
- This scholarship is intended for applicants who are studying at a public institution of higher learning, including universities and TVET colleges, for the first time.
- Each applicant should hold only one study bursary or loan.
- Applicants with incomplete undergraduate qualifications, who are also first-time recipients of a study bursary or loan, may be considered based on a thorough assessment of all supporting documents, such as academic records and financials, submitted with their application.
How to Apply?
To apply for this opportunity, please ensure that you download and fill out the designated application form: Steve Tshwete Local Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Application forms also can be obtained from the Municipal Offices. You should make the submissions in person to:
The Office of the Director of Human Resources
Steve Tshwete Municipal Building, ground floor
Cnr Walter Sisulu Street and Wanderers Avenue
Civic Centre Building main entrance
Note: Steve Tshwete Local Council strictly adheres to the policy of not accepting applications that are submitted after the deadline or sent via email or fax.
You need to submit the following documents along with your application.
- A certified copy of your ID and those of your parents or guardians.
- Certified copies of your grade 12 results/certificate.
- Residential proof
- For current grade 12 students, certified copies of grade 11 results or grade 12 progress/term reports.
- An admission letter from the academic institution.
- An academic record for applicants already enrolled in higher learning institutions.
- A comprehensive written motivation letter.
- Marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Documentation as proof of the applicant’s income or household income, including that of both parents or legal guardian(s).
- Affidavits by both parents or guardians in case of unemployment.
- Certified death certificates in the event of one or both parents being deceased.
- Proof of being a SASSA grant recipient (if applicable).
- Candidate selection is solely at the discretion of the Steve Tshwete Local Council, taking into account all applicable legislation, council policies, and procedures.
- Upon submitting an application, the Steve Tshwete Local Council is granted the right to conduct necessary inquiries to obtain information regarding the applicant’s background, qualifications/academic transcripts, and employment reference checks of parents or guardians, among other relevant details.
- Applicants who do not receive a response within eight weeks of the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates.
- Any bursary application with incomplete or incorrect information will result in disqualification of the applicant.
The application deadline is 31 October 2023.
For any enquiries, please contact the Youth Development Office
M: 013 249 7279
or Thobile Kabini at email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/