About Thaba Chweu Local Municipality
In the northwest of the Mpumalanga Province, in the Ehlanzeni District, sits the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality, a Category B municipality. The Township is situated in Mashishing, previously Lydenburg, in northwestern Mpumalanga.
Thaba Chweu Local Municipality’s forests, ecotourism, minerals, and farming are well-known. The strands that are weaved into the scenic towns of Mashishing, Sabie, Graskop, and Pilgrim’s Rest represent the ethnic variety and tranquilly that define life in Thaba Chweu.
Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary 2023
Thaba Chweu Local Municipality is inviting undergraduate students to apply for financial aid through the bursary programme for their post-secondary studies. The Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary initiative welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds.
Students enrolled in the following disciplines are eligible:
- Town Planning
- Human Settlements
Before applying for the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary 2023, candidates must fulfill all the requirements mentioned below:
- You must belong to South Africa.
- You need to live in the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality.
- You need to have completed Matric or must be in Matric.
- You must not be working for the municipality.
- You need to be studying or plan to study for one of the qualifications mentioned above.
- You must need financial aid.
- You need to study or plan to study or must be accepted to study in a tertiary institution.
Failure to be eligible for all the criteria aforementioned will lead to the cancellation of applications.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Thaba Chweu Local Municipality Bursary 2023, you need to download and fill out the form first and submit it through:
Office of the Mayor
Lydenburg Civic Centre
Corner or Sentraal and Viljoen streets
You may send it to:
- For Northern Areas: No. 01, Crn R532 and Matibidi Main Road, Matibidi, 1274
- For Graskop: Cnr Main and Louis Trichard Street, Graskop, 1270
- For Sabie: 8th Avenue Street, Sabie, 1260
- For Mashishing: 1193, Blio Street, Mashishing, 1123
Applicants need to submit all the following documents for applying to the bursary programme. Failure to provide any of the following documents will lead to disqualifications.
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Latest reports of your Matric results.
- If completed Matric, your Matric certificate.
- Certified copies of academic records of tertiary institutions if applicable.
- Certified copies of IDs of parents or guardians.
- Proof of household income.
- Acceptance proofs on letterhead from tertiary institutions in 2023.
- Residential proof.
The applications for the bursary programme are open till 31 January 2023 after which no applications will be accepted.
For any enquiries or questions regarding the bursary, contact:
Officer of the Executive
Phone: 013 235 7325
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/