About Ubuhlebezwe Municipality
South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal province, in the Harry Gwala District, has an administrative territory known as Ubuhlebezwe Local Municipality. An isiZulu name that means “The Beauty of the Land” is Ubuhlebezwe. The title is from Cry, The Beloved Country, by Alan Paton.
Twenty-seven people make up the municipality council, chosen through a mix of proportional voting. The remaining thirteen commissioners are selected from smaller parties to maintain a proportionate number of political members to the total number of votes cast. Fourteen councilors are elected using a first-past-the-post voting system in fourteen wards.
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary 2023
Financial assistance is available from UBuhlebezwe Municipality to worthy first-year applicants and present bursary holders studying in accredited higher education institutions (Universities).
The bursary will go to worthy students of Ubuhlebezwe Municipality studying in the following fields:
- Accounting Studies
- Finance Management
- Civil Engineering
- Town Planning
The bursary will cover the following expenses:
- Full tuition fees
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible to apply, failing which the applications will not be considered:
- You must be a South African national resident.
- You must live in Ubuhlebezwe Municipality.
- The preferences will go to students studying municipal priority skills.
- You must plan to study in one of the above-mentioned fields of study.
- You must have a Matric certificate.
- You must register yourself in a tertiary university in the country.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary 2023, you need to log in and download the application form from the official website here.
You can also collect it from the Municipality Offices (between 08:00 to 16:30 on Monday to Friday)
After collecting the application form, fill it up accordingly and should be forwarded to the following address:
The Municipal Manager
Attention: Mr. ME Mkhize
P.O. Box 132
29 MARGARET STREET
Note: Your applicants must be signed, stamped and dated by the councillor of your ward.
Applicants need to mention “Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary Application” while submitting their applications.
To apply for the bursary, scanned copies of the following documents are required, failing which your application will stand canceled:
- A certified copy of a valid matric certificate.
- A certified copy of a South African green bar-coded ID book or a Smart ID card.
- Proof of acceptance letter from your university (on the letterhead of the institution).
- Contact Details
- Fee structure and banking details
- Signed application form of the bursary that is dated and stamped by the ward councilor.
The last date to apply for the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary 2023 is 31 January 2023, after which applications will be rejected.
To inquire further, contact:
Name of contact person: Mrs M Modi
Phone: 039 834 1904
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/