About Fasken Martineau / Bell Dewar
Fasken Martineau is a leading international business law and litigation company with headquarters in Johannesburg. The company was founded through merging with another South African law firm Bell Dewar in the mid-1800s. Fasken Martineau provides legal services in the fields of intellectual property and copyright, e-commerce, mergers and acquisitions, employment and human resources issues, corporate finance and taxes for corporations, government agencies, regulatory and non-profit bodies as well as individuals. Fasken is one of the largest law firms with regards to revenue in the world today.
Fasken Martineau / Bell Dewar Bursaries
The Fasken Martineau/Bell Dewar scholarship invites students for law and political sciences fields to apply for education financial support through bursaries. Financial need is not a requirement, but will be a consideration. The recipient will be required to participate in vacation work programmes offered to him/her by Fasken Martineau as well as will be required to accept articles of clerkship if offered, otherwise the entire scholarship amount needs to be paid back to Fasken Martineau in full. The educational support will be given until the final year of the studies unless the grantee fails one or more subjects. Successful applicants should possess the potential to become an efficient attorney for the firm by demonstrating leadership skills, interest in social issues and self-motivation.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Registered students for the penultimate year of their law degrees
- Average of 65% and above
- Has the potential to become an effective attorney for the company
- Has leadership qualities, an interest in community issues/projects and strong self-motivation.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Completed online profile to apply for the bursary online at : http://fasken.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/View/191113-1/Fasken_Bursary
- Submit the following documents together with your application
- Cover letter
- Certified copy of matric certificate and all academic results
- Certified copy of ID
- At least two letters of reference
Save this page or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter to receive the latest updates.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Address: 54 Wierda Road West Sandton 2196
Tel: +27 11 586 6000
Fax: +27 11 586 6104/5
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on August 18, 2021)