About Webber Wentzel
Webber Wentzel was founded in 1868 and is one of South Africa’s top law firms with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. The firm aims to provide clients with innovative solutions for their legal needs. Webber Wentzel was named Africa Law Firm of the Year at the African Legal Awards, Sub-Saharan Africa Legal Advisers of the Year at the European M&A Awards and Who’s Who South African Law Firm of the Year for five consecutive years. The company has an alliance with Linklaters, a multinational law firm in London and is associated with Africa Legal Network (ALN), an alliance of top tier law firms in the continent.
Webber Wentzel Scholarship 2022
Webber Wentzel invites applicants who have the desire to be successful lawyers of the firm to apply for the Webber Wentzel Scholarship. The Scholarships are awarded to academically gifted students who resonate with our values and who we believe have the potential to become successful lawyers with us in the future.
The scholarship is awarded as a partial scholarship to assist students with expenses related to the completion of the last two years towards a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree and will not necessarily cover all academic expenses for each year granted.
Webber Wentzel will consider scholarship recipients for the Candidate Attorney Programme depending on their academic achievements, the existence of suitable vacancies and their performance in the recruitment process.
Webber Wentzel Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizenship
- Students at a South African Institution
- Registered for a study towards an LLB law degree
- Minimum 70% academic average
- Disadvantaged backgrounds may be considered
- Proven financial need may be considered
How to Apply and Application Details
- Applications must need to be done online at Webber Wentzel Career Portal.
- Submit the below documents with your application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Academic transcripts of LLB law degree up to November of the current academic year
- Academic transcripts of any undergraduate qualification
- Matric certificate
- Certified copy of Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse or your latest proof of income
- Sworn affidavits for each of your unemployed Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse, if applicable
- Certified death certificate for each of your deceased Parent(s)/ Guardian/ Spouse OR sworn affidavits for each of the deceased in case death certificates are not available
- Certified copy of the divorce certificate if your parents/ you are divorced OR a sworn affidavit if they/you are separated
Note: Please complete the application in full:
- If a question is not applicable, use N/A.
- Failure to complete the application fully and correctly may prejudice your chances of obtaining a scholarship.
Applications for Webber Wentzel scholarships close on 31 December 2021.
If you have any queries please contact the Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team directly by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phindile Hlabangane | Graduate Recruitment Manager
Tel: +27 11 530 5432.
Nokwazi Sibiya | Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Tel: +2711 530 5323
Please do NOT contact Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/