Bowmans is a Pan-African law firm with six offices in four African countries and more than 400 lawyers. The firm provides specialist legal services, both domestic and international, in the fields of corporate law, banking and finance law and dispute resolution. Its clients include corporates, multinationals and state-owned enterprises within various industry sectors, financial institutions and governments.
Bowmans awards full bursaries each year to help qualified students to pursue their studies in law. The bursary is open for students studying towards B.Com Law, BA Law or LLB.
Applicants are selected base on academic merit and proven financial need. Applications for the succeeding academic year starts in the month of August every year.
As additional qualifications, applicants should possess a high level of academic achievement and commercial awareness as well as a passion for the law. This is in line with the firm’s objective of maintaining excellence and high-quality service delivery.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- A South African citizen
- Completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards a Law qualification
- Studying or registered to study at a recognised university in South Africa
- Achieve a minimum overall average of 70% for your current year of study
- Must have an excellent academic performance
- Must have proven financial need
- Must be passionate about Law
- A team player
- Preference will be given to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications must be submitted online by flowing this link: Bowmans Bursary Application 2023.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- A certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copies of your Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric.
- A certified copy of your matric certificate, if completed Matric
- A certified copy of your full university transcript, if currently studying
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary (learn more about how to write a motivational letter for a bursary)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed: certified copies, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or SASSA grant, if applicable)
All applications must be submitted online according to the appropriate method mentioned above. None will be accepted manually. Leaply will send a confirmation receipt of the application.
Opening & Closing Date
30 September 2022
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Bowmans directly:
Contact page: https://www.bowmanslaw.com/country/south-africa/
Address: 22 Bree Street Cape Town
Post: PO Box 248 Cape Town 8000 South Africa
Tel: +27 21 480 7800
Fax: +27 21 480 3200
Address: 1st Floor, Compendium House 5 The Crescent, Westway Office Park Harry Gwala Road, Westville Durban
Post: PO Box 2793 Westway Office Park Durban 3635 South Africa
Tel: +27 31 265 0651
Fax: +27 86 604 6318
Address: 11 Alice Lane Sandton Johannesburg
Post: PO Box 785812 Sandton 2146 South Africa
Tel: +27 11 669 9000
Fax: +27 11 669 9001
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/