About Canon Collins Trust
Canon Collins Trust aims in building a community of activists, thinkers, social justice organizations, and leaders. The company strives endlessly to bridge the injustice caused due to social inequality in South Africa. Established in 1981, the Educational Trust for South Africa has been able to create a major difference for the youth of the country.
Canon Collins Trust and University of London Scholarships 2024
With the University of London, Canon Collins Trust is inviting students for a Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate, and Master of Law through distance learning for the upcoming academic year.
Applicants have the liberty to join the program at any time, and they are not required to complete the entire program as well. For example, an applicant who completed LLB can directly start from Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate, and a student can stop their program upon achieving Postgraduate Certificate without pursuing LLM.
Admission and tuition fees will be covered by the scholarship. Selected candidates can complete the program within 5 years but are required to complete at least two modules per year. The scholarship will continue if a satisfactory performance from the candidate is observed.
You have to suffice the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship program
- The applicant must be a citizen or a refugee in Zimbabwe, South Africa, Malawi, and Zambia.
- The student must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours of study per week and be employed part-time or full-time.
- For admission to the LLM course, the applicant must have one of the following.
- LLB degree from the University of London
- Second-class bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree, including subjects related to law
- A pass in Bar Vocational Course, Qualifying Exam of the Solicitors Regulation Authority of England, and second-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Graduate Diploma in Law/ Common Professional Examination and second-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Qualified as a solicitor in Wales or England or somewhere else
- For admission in the Postgraduate Diploma course, the applicant needs a second-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the University of London or any other reputed University or a Master’s degree
- For admission in the Postgraduate Certificate course, the applicant needs a second-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the University of London or any other reputed University or relevant work experience in Insurance, accounting, finance, and banking
- The student must be proficient in English, scoring at least 6.5 on IELTS, 92 in TOEFL, a score of 59 on the Personal Test of English, Cambridge Certificate of English Proficiency, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English Grade, or a minimum score of 120 in Duolingo.
- The applicant must have computer efficiency.
To understand the eligibility criteria in more detail, click here.
How To Apply?
You must apply online here: Canon Collins Trust and University of London Scholarships Application 2024
Applicants need to submit the documents below when applying for the scholarship programme.
- Certified ID documents (driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate)
- Academic or degree certificate
- Copies of recent payslips
- Reference letters from two referees
The closing date for Canon Collins Trust and University of London Scholarships 2024 is 23 August 2023, 16:00 GMT. Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered by the panel.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/