About Adams & Adams
Adams & Adams is a leading African law firm established in 1908 by Harry Adams. The firm is internationally recognized and specializes in intellectual property and commercial law. Some of its practice areas are – patent, trademarks, copyright, mergers and acquisitions, design, tax, litigation, property, franchising banking and finance and many other commercial law services.
The firm is primarily established in Africa and has many offices in most African countries. It has more than 200 professionals who specialize in various legal fields. Adams and Adams represent 70 partners across the globe, which include small to medium-sized companies, as well as large corporations.
The E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme
The E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme is named after one of the firm’s co-founder, Eustace Adams. The scholarship is awarded to students who display exceptional qualities, are deserving based on academic merit and based on financial need.
What is offered?
A maximum amount of R 50,000 will be given to the chosen applicants, which must be used only for their studies.
The students who are applying to the E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme must keep in mind that Adams and Adams is providing this scholarship to offer employment at the firm. Hence, the applicant must be sure about pursuing a career as a candidate attorney at Adams and Adams.
The scholarship is 1-year renewable, which means that the scholarship can be renewed every year. The condition to renew the scholarship is that the applicant must maintain at least 75% aggregate every renewal year. If the student fails to meet this condition, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
Eligibility Criteria For The E.V. Adams Scholarship
The applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be deemed eligible to be awarded the E.V. Adams Scholarship:
- The applicant must be enrolled at a South African University at the time of application – they can either be a first-year student or a student in the middle of their tertiary education at a university.
- Students who have exceptional skills and boast an outstanding academic performance
- South African Citizens who are pursuing either one of these degrees – BA Law, BCom Law or an LLB degree
- Students who are struggling financially
The applicants who are first-year students must provide their Grade 11 and 12 scores. They must score a B or a higher grade in English and a C or a higher grade in Mathematics. The students must also be able to show proof of needing financial support.
How to Apply For The E.V. Adams Scholarship?
Applicants must complete the online application form and upload a ‘letter of motivation’ along with the application. The letter of motivation must describe why the student is capable of receiving the E.V. Adams Scholarship.
The students who are applying to the E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme must have the following documents ready while submitting their application:
- A comprehensive Curriculum vitae (CV)
- An ID proof document
- The applicants’ Matric Certificate, which is equivalent to a students’ high school diploma.
- The most recent university transcripts that are printed on the particular universities letterhead.
- First-year students who are applying must provide a university acceptance letter to be eligible for the scholarship.
- First-year students must also present their proof of registration in one of the eligible universities.
- Proof on needing financial aid
All the required documents must be submitted along with the duly filled application form to be considered for the bursary program.
The E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme applications close on 28 February 2022. If you fail to apply with all the required documents before the closing date, your application will not be accepted.
Conditions of Award
The applicants may be asked to partake in vacation work and will be expected to be brand ambassadors for Adams and Adams from time to time. The firm would also need a right of first refusal (ROFR), a contractual agreement between Adams and Adams and the students receiving the award. This agreement states that if the student awarded the scholarship declines the offer, then the scholarship offer can be transferred to other eligible students.
If you have any further questions regarding the E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme, you can contact the Adams and Adams team handling the bursary at –
Head office (Pretoria)
Tel: 012 432 6000
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/