Establishing a high-quality and excellent legal environment is imperative for the success of a nation. It is important that the people involved in legal field must have the access to efficient means of establishing law and order in the country. To promote and support law aspirants, LegalWise is offering bursary 2021-2022 for the students.
Zak Crafford who worked as a legal aid employee founded LegalWise in1984. Through the conception of this company, the founder aimed to provide fair, equal, and affordable means of justice to South Africans. The company assists in civil, criminal, and labor-related cases to people and thus, helps them to exercise their legal rights.
LegalWise offers 3 types of memberships to the client; Gold, GoldPlus, and Platinum. Through the membership, they aim to cover the legal expenses. Its services include personal legal counseling, access to professional and experienced attorneys, cover for legal expenses in case of court representation, and much more.
Overview of LegalWise Bursary
LegalWise is providing a bursary for the members and their children. Through this bursary, the company provides monetary as well as mentorship assistance to students and thus, enables them to study in the fields in which LegalWise needs to recruit.
The following fields of study are covered:
- BA (Law)
- BCom (Law)
- BCom (Accounting)
- BCom(Human Resource Management)
- BCom(Industrial Psychology)
- BIS (Information Science)
- BSc/BCom (Informatics)
Bursary Coverage Value: Students eligible for this bursary program receive partial coverage for the expenditure related to studies which include registration fees and tuition fees limited up to R 40, 000 per year. However, the bursary is not responsible for meeting any outstanding student debts.
For receiving the benefits of this bursary program, students are required to meet the eligibility criteria. In case a student fails to meet the minimum requirements his/her application will be rejected. Following are the eligibility requirements:
- The student must be a member of LegalWise or a child of the LegalWise member either biological, adopted, or under legal guardianship.
- In case a member is applying for the bursary, he should be paid fully for minimum of 2 years before the application and must continue to be a member throughout the bursary duration.
- Those students who have completed matric must apply
- Students must be studying full-time towards a degree qualification in one of the fields mentioned by the bursary.
- Students registered and studying at one of the following institutions are eligible for the bursary:
- University of Pretoria
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town
- University of Western Cape
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Free State
- Rhodes University
- University of Stellenbosch
- Mafikeng or Potchefstroom campus of North-west University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan
- Applicant must be fluent in English and must know one South African official language
- Achieving an average of 60% or “C” symbol is a must for the previous year exam
- Students must have a positive attitude, determination, commitment, be able to work in a team, and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Download and complete the LegalWise Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Along with the form, students are required to submit the following documents. Failure to attach the documents can lead to the rejection of the application.
Documents required are as follows:
- Certified ID document
- Passport-sized photo
- Certified Matric certificate
- Recent tertiary academic transcript. It should include a certified copy of the June 2021 exam results.
- Latest student account on University letterhead
- Letter of recommendation by parent, guardian, or friend (optional)
- Proof of LegalWise membership
- Certified copy of LegalWise ID document
- Proof of relation with the LegalWise member
- Parent/spouse/guardian income proof
- Latest financial statement
- Copy of latest payslip
- Sworn affidavit if unemployed
- SASSA grant slip, if applicable
- Payslip from the legal guardian if the student is residing with them
- Death certificate parent/guardian is deceased
- A motivational letter stating why you deserve the bursary
Students must submit the application form in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- FAX: 011 6704557
External Bursary Department
P O Box 1524
- Or hand deliver to the closest LegalWise Branch
30 September 2022.
Helen Frerk (Brand Manager: Communication engagement)
Phone: 011 670 4500
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/