The Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa (DENOSA) was established in December 1996 to unite the nursing profession. DENOSA has the presence in all nine provinces and represents nurses across the country and is currently the largest nurses’ trade union in the country with over 84 000 members. It has a dual focus on both trade union and professional development offering training to nurses.
DENOSA bursaries provide support with your studies, however the bursaries are once-only donations and should be renewed through application every year. The bursary amounts are only small and will only cover a small portion of the expenses.
The successful candidates will then be required to submit academic progress reports annually until completion of the course/degree for which the bursary was granted. Progress reports must be presented on or before 14 February of every year otherwise, the refunding of bursary may be requested.
DENOSA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Fully paid-up members of DENOSA for a minimum of 2 (TWO) years, for the academic year for which he/she applies and remain a paid-up member of DENOSA for the duration of the course/degree
- Registered nurses and/or midwives
- Undertaken a certain amount of approved post-basic work
POST-BASIC UNDERGRADUATE COURSES
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Passed at least half of the program/courses
POST-BASIC DIPLOMA COURSES
- Half of the course must have been successfully completed for courses that have more than one year duration
- Listed with the SA Nursing Council.
- Successful completion of the first year of the study
How to Apply and Application Details
The DENOSA Bursary application form can be downloaded from: http://www.denosa.org.za
The latest application form is obtainable from and also be submitted to:
- The Secretary, DENOSA Study Fund Committee, P O Box 1280, Pretoria, 0001
- Provincial Offices of DENOSA (not from the offices of donor firms)
Applications are currently closed.
Save this page or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter to receive the latest updates.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
DENOSA Study Fund Committee
Post: P O Box 1280, Pretoria, 0001