About KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health
KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health provides optimal health services for all the residents of KwaZulu-Natal province. The Department has the mission of developing sustainable and complete health system at all levels to ensure universal access to health care. KZN health department has 11 District Offices as well as health facilities such as Community Health Centres (CHC), Provincial Clinics and Provincial Hospitals.
KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health Bursaries
KZN Department of Health’s Bursary Program will be offered to applicants who wish to pursue studies in the fields / scarce skills as required by the KZN Department of Health. The specific fields of study which will be accepted for the current bursary program will be announced on the Department’s advertising poster.
Bursary coverage will be based on the parent’s income, such that:
- R0 – R120000 – Bursary will pay for Tuition, Meals, Books and Accommodation
- R121000 – R150000 – Bursary will pay for Tuition, Meals and Accommodation
- R151000 – R200000 – Bursary will pay for Tuition, Accommodation and Books
- R201000 – R250000 – Bursary will pay for Tuition and Accommodation
- R251000 – R300000 – Bursary will pay for Tuition only
KZN Department of Health Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Permanent resident from KwaZulu-Natal
- Good academic record
- Registered to a Tertiary Institution
- NOT a recipient of another bursary
- NOT a holder of any degree/diploma
- Proven financial need
How to Apply and Application Details
Obtain an application form from your home town’s nearest Government Hospital. KZN Department of Health Bursary application forms can be collected between 01 May to 31 August every year. Complete applications must need to be submitted to the same government hospital the form is obtained from.
Attach necessary documents as indicated on the Bursary Application Form which may include the following:
- Applicants ID
- Parents / Guardians ID
- Proof of Income
- Recommendation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Records
Only short-listed and successful applications will be notified. Only hand delivered applications will be accepted. Emailed, faxed and posted applications will be rejected.
Application Opening and Closing Date
31 August annually.
Post: P/Bag X9051 Pietermaritzburg 3200
Address: Natalia 330 Langalibalele (Longmarket) Street Pietermaritzburg 3201
Tel: (033) 395 2111 (switchboard)