DENOSA or The Democratic Nursing Organization of South Africa has over 84 000 members and is the country’s largest nurses’ union. DENOSA was founded in 1996 as a voluntary organisation for nursing and midwifery professionals in South Africa.
It’s a member of the ICN (International Council of Nurses) and an affiliate of the COSATU (Congress of South African Trade Unions). DEANOSA offers nursing training for professional development as well as trade union support.
DENOSA Bursary 2023
DENOSA is accepting applications for their bursary program for the academic year 2023.
Those who are DENOSA members and are fully paid up will be eligible for nursing bursaries for the following courses:
- Short courses and bridging courses
- Nursing in community health, geriatrics, and psychiatry
- Community nursing science
- Studying at the post-graduate level (in a university or technical college)
- Master’s degree in clinical research
Due to the fact that the bursary award covers only a small fraction of tertiary education costs, it is important that students have additional funding to cover the shortfall.
Students who receive the bursary will have to reapply every year for funds. They will be given money based on their academic performance.
Feedback on the success of your application will be provided to you by April 2023.
The recipients of the bursary need to provide a progress report to the secretary every year before 14 February, throughout their study course.
Eligibility Criteria For The DENOSA Bursary
All applicants must meet these minimum requirements for applying. A failure to meet all requirements will result in the rejection of your application:
- The applicant must be a DENOSA member ( fully paid up) for a minimum of 2 years prior to applying (click here to learn more about DENOSA membership)
- The applicant must be a DENOSA member (fully paid up) for the academic year 2023 and continue to be a member of DENOSA throughout their studies for which they are awarded the bursary.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to be a registered midwife and/or nurse.
- You must have done some approved postbasic work
- The institution must have accepted you for the academic year 2023, and you must be enrolled with the institution.
- For Post-basic Undergraduate courses: the applicant must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in nursing at a South African Technikon or a University and must have successfully completed at least half of the courses/program.
- For Post-basic Diploma courses: the applicant must have completed at least 50% of the course if it is longer than one year (less than one-year diploma courses are not subject to this requirement)
- For Short courses: they must be SANC approved (if not, you will need to explain how the course will enhance your nursing practice)
- For Bridging courses: your first year of studies must have been completed
How to Apply For The DENOSA Bursary?
Fill out the application form by downloading it and completing it:
You may obtain an application form at:
The Secretary, DENOSA Study Fund Committee, P O Box 1280, Pretoria 0001
Also, the applicants can collect the form from the Provincial Offices of DENOSA.
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention “DENOSA Bursary Application 2023” in your email subject.
The applicants need to submit a copy of the documents below along with their application:
- A certified copy of your identification document
- Registration proof for tertiary education (must be submitted at a later date, if not available now)
- Proof that you have completed the post-basic undergraduate course (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Gross salary proof (certified copy of the most recent payslip)
- Proof that you’ve paid your registration fees for 2023.
Closing Date Of The DENOSA Bursary
The application deadline for the DENOSA Bursary programme 2023 is 31 January 2023.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
Directly contact DENOSA with questions about this bursary programme:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/