About Arts & Culture Trust (ACT)
Since 1994, the Arts & Culture Trust has been serving the community as the Arts & Culture Trust of the President. In the ensuing 28 years, ACT has served the arts and cultural sectors in all nine provinces in South Africa. ACT is an independent, non-profit organization.
A partnership between Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) and Nedbank Arts Affinity has established the Nyoloha Scholarship Programme (NSP) with the aim of providing higher education to young visual artists and performers of South Africa.
ACT Nyoloha Scholarship 2022
ACT Nyoloha Scholarships are now being offered for the academic year 2023 by the Arts & Culture Trust. Sponsored by Sun City, Nedbank, and Sun International, the scholarship is fully paid and will award to students studying in any South African art school dedicated to the following fields (undergraduate):
- Singing/ Music
- Visual Art
- Theatre/ Acting /Performance
To apply, you must meet the following minimum entry requirements. You will not be considered for admission if you do not meet the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of South Africa
- You must belong to one of the following categories:
a) The applicant must be in studying either in Grade 11 or 12 and have an exemption from university
b) The applicant should have finished Matriculation with university exemption, must not be registered in tertiary institutions, not be considered a professional performer or to be a performing artist and must be between the ages of 17 and 25.
c) Financial need and inability to fund your studies are mandatory
- The applicant must intend to pursue a degree in any of the arts disciplines mentioned above
- You must intend to study at a tertiary institution in South Africa that is recognized and accredited, preferably one of these institutions: the University of Stellenbosch, University of Cape Town, University of Pretoria, University of the Witwatersrand, University of KwaZulu-Natal (Pietermaritzburg Campus), University of KwaZulu-Natal (Howard College), University of the Free State, North-West University, Tshwane University of Technology, Rhodes University, The Rainbow Academy, Moving into Dance Mophatong, Durban University of Technology, City Varsity (School of Media and Creative Arts), AFDA, Market Theatre Laboratory, Oakfields College, Waterfront Theatre School, Sibikwa Arts Centre, Campus of Performing Arts (COPA), Ehlanzeni Arts Academy (Mpumalanga). Note here that if you don’t find your institution listed here, you should contact the ACT office for more information regarding your eligibility.
- If you are under 18, you must obtain parental or guardian consent and pay an R100 registration fee
How to Apply?
Applicants must apply online at: ACT Nyoloha Scholarship 2022
We strongly encourage applicants to read and acknowledge ACT Nyoloha Scholarship Guidelines (.pdf) before they apply.
Please provide a copy of the following supporting documents along with your online application. All of these documents must be provided – failure to submit any item will result in your application being disqualified.
- Your identity document or ID smartcard’s both sides (only copies)
- Your photograph (headshot)
- Signed ACT Nyoloha Scholarship Consent Form. If you are under 18 years of age, you must get your parent’s signature
- Payment proof for registration fee of R100 (please check ACT’s banking details here)
- Last semester’s results/last academic year’s results
- A brief description of your artistic background (in no more than 100 words)
- Briefly describe what you have learned/experienced/trained in so far (in about 50 to 100 words)
- Describe your aspirations in the field of performing arts or visual arts industry, that includes your reasons for pursuing further education or pursuing an artistic career (in 50 to 100 words)
- Only for the applicants of visual art: images for submitting portfolios (four original works – one image for each. The images should be clear, and in pdf format). A motivational letter covering: about yourself, why you deserve to be chosen for the programme, and your reasons for choosing visual arts
The last date of application is 22 May 2022.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The applicants must apply before the closing date so that your application will be considered.
Contact the Arts & Culture Trust directly with any questions regarding this scholarship programme:
Email id: email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on May 13, 2022)