Films and media constitute an important part of the entertainment industry. They are responsible for shaping the social life, culture, and the people of a nation. Thus, it is necessary that this industry receives attention, encouragement, and support.
The Film School Africa has taken a step in this direction and has extended support to students who wish to pursue a career in the film industry. They offer a bursary program to deserving students for aiding them in achieving their career goals.
About Film School Africa
Film School Africa is a Christian institution and training facility that provides knowledge practical training to students and helps them to graduate with the ability to work in the film industry. Their aim is to produce filmmakers who think out of the box as innovation is the most required skill in the economy.
FSA provides a 2-3 years live in program to students that will make them capable of stepping out in the industry and securing a successful career for themselves while also contributing to the success of the film industry.
Their live-in program lays emphasis on helping the previously disadvantaged students by providing scholarships/bursaries.
About FSA Bursary Program
Students with weak financial backgrounds who are passionate about making a career in the film industry can apply for the FSA bursary program. The program is based at Film School Africa College in Somerset West Cape Town.
Through this program, disadvantaged students can receive monetary help from the institution. FSA offers qualifications based on theoretical knowledge combined with the focus on practical/hands-on outworking too.
Students can choose from the following fields:
- Preproduction: The preproduction stream focuses on location scouting, audition of the actors, creating the set design, setting the shooting schedule, etc. Students who wish to pursue a career in this stream must be creative, possess people skills and organization skills.
- Production: If you are interested in practical work then the production stream is for you. It includes practical work on the sets like lighting, wardrobe, make-up, and so on. This stream consists of 2 main components that include working with the camera and audio recording on-set. Skills like focus, technical ability, patience, and visual aptitude are necessary for working in this stream.
- Post Production: Self-motivation and focus are the two primary skills needed for this stream. Post-production involves shots editing, sound editing and mixing, and so on.
Coverage & Value
Film School Africa provides bursary to 3-5 students each year. The value of the bursary depends upon the financial needs of the student. In addition to the bursary provided by the institution, students are also required to pool in money and make efforts from their end.
Students in the third-year may receive an offer for an internship at the studios or film companies near the college campus.
To successfully apply for the bursary students should fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the institution. In case you do not fulfill any of the requirements your application will not be considered.
- Students applying for the bursary must be studying at FSA college (Somerset, Cape Town)
- Applicants must prove their financial crunch and the need for a scholarship
- You must be a Christian and be regular at attending chapel services and devotions
- Student must be willing to contribute money for the fees based on their ability
- Applicants must be willing to study in the streams mentioned above
- Students are required to stay on campus until the duration of the course. (2-3 years)
How to Apply for FSA Bursary 2022?
Those students who wish to apply for the FSA bursary 2022 should apply by following the steps given below:
- Fill up the bursary application form online and the FSA college application form. The bursary is awarded only to those students who apply for FSA College.
- Students should answer the 3 essay questions carefully:
- Why you should be chosen to receive the bursary?
- What are the details about the challenging time you faced? How did you overcome it?
- Where do you currently live and the details about yourself, your parents/guardian’s financial situation?
To qualify for the bursary, students are required to give maximum details as it can highly impact your selection.
- Bank statement of the last 3 months
- Bank statements of your parents/guardians
- Complete application form for Film studies
The last date of application is 15 September 2021
For any queries students can email at email@example.com
Please do NOT contact the Film School Africa (FSA) if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on September 30, 2021)