Inscape Education Group is one of the oldest privately-owned non-profit education companies. Inscape is a creative arts institute owned by the group offering various courses that are accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). It aims to empower students with creative thinking and qualifications that’d help them get employed in the creative sector. Inscape has four institutes in South Africa, one at Pretoria, Durban, Midrand, and Stellenbosch. Internationally, it has one campus in the United Arab Emirates. Recently, Inscape started offering courses in distance and online mode too.
The Inscape Exchange Scholarship Programme 2022
Inscape has set up a scholarship programme to help students with financial assistance. Established as the Inscape Scholarship Programme in 2014, it was so far awarded more than R 11 million in scholarship funding.
The scholarships are meant for students who want to pursue their education at Inscape. For the academic session 2022, these will be awarded to students who want to pursue one of the following degrees at Inscape:
- Bachelor of Design (specialisation must be in Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Audio Visual, Environmental Design, Interaction)
- Bachelor of Arts (only undergraduate with specialisation in Digital Marketing and Communication)
- Diploma (Graphic Design and Interior Design)
- Higher Certificates (Fashion Design, Architectural Technology, Design Techniques, Interior Decorating)
Depending on the financial need, the scholarship will cover anywhere between 50% to 100% of the tuition fees. Besides that, it will offer a first-year study pack, which includes:
- Art equipment
- Macbook or laptop of other brands
- Wacom tablet
- Software and licenses
- Online library subscription
- com subscription
- WiFi connection
All of these will be offered free of charge. However, the scholarship will not be paying for other expenses like accommodation, transport costs, administrative fees, transfers, re-submission fees, etc.
The scholarship will be initially awarded for a period of one year. Based on satisfactory performance, students can renew it for another year by reapplying. Students pursuing higher certificate courses can reapply if they intend to pursue a degree or diploma degree at Inscape.
If the students fail to pass all modules or drop out without completing the course, they’d have to pay back the scholarship amount and the Macbook/laptop.
To select the candidates for the scholarship, Inscape has laid out specific eligibility criteria. Anyone applying for the scholarship funding must fulfill all the criteria to avoid rejection. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for Inscape Exchange Scholarship Programme 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must possess a valid South African ID document
- Must have either completed Matriculation or currently in Matric
- Must be willing to study at one of the Inscape campuses in 2022
- Must be willing to attend lectures at the campus (distance and online learners are ineligible)
- Must be entering their first year of study in 2022
- Must fulfill all the entry requirements for their respective courses (as per Matric NSC certificate)
- You must be able to complete the required courses within the allocated timeframe
Besides the above mandatory requirements, Inscape has other terms and conditions as well. One condition is that students must take part in promotional and institutional activities in campus organised by Inscape. They must also follow the code of conduct and be disciplined since they are Inscape ambassadors.
Fulfilling all of the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee funding. It’s at the sole discretion of Inscape.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the eligibility requirements, move forward with the application process. It’s an online process that should take no more than an hour to complete.
The first step is to complete the Inscape Exchange scholarship online application form. It’s the portal Inscape uses to track all applicants. You need to provide your personal and academic details. Complete the application by following the instructions.
- ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric latest result (if currently in Matric)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copies)
- Any other certificate
Scan the documents and submit your application. Inscape will notify you shortly. If you’re selected, you must take admission at Inscape within one week of the notification.
The last date to apply for the Inscape Scholarship 2022 is 31 October 2021.
For further details, get in touch with Inscape at:
- Telephone – 086 146 722 73
- Email – email@example.com
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Inscape Education Group. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/