The Future Excellence Design Institute of South Africa was founded in 2005 to meet the growing need for tertiary level education within the fashion industry. It was started by students looking to acquire the right skills, competencies, and knowledge in order to successfully compete on the international stage of fashion and design. The FEDISA currently operates two state-of-the-art campuses in Sandton and Cape Town, and is considered by many as the leading fashion education institution in South Africa.
FEDISA Future Vision Bursary 2022
FEDISA’s Future Vision Bursary Programme awards two partial bursaries (worth R50,000) that will fund any undergraduate degree offered at the FEDISA Fashion Schools – Cape Town or Sandton.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
FEDISA’s bursary programme is awarded to the winning entry of its annual fashion competition.
Here are the mechanics of the competition:
- Candidates are to use any materials, accessories, used garment, and artifacts to style their own FEDISA “Future Vision” Model for the runway
- Entrants are to upcycle, recycle, and individualize their own designs for the runway
- The total cost of the entry must not be higher than R500. Make sure to submit receipts and costs breakdown
- Entries (shoes, garments, and accessories) must be packaged carefully
- All techniques in creating entries are welcome
- Must submit images of final runway look on the model of choice (must include front, side, and back view as well as three (3) closeups
- Submit rationale (500-word) about your creative and conceptual process (e.g. where the material was found, your style and innovation, how look was created, the inspiration for final sting design)
- Letter of motivation (include the reason for studying and selecting degree at FEDISA, and why you should be chosen to win part of the bursary) that does not exceed 500 words
How to Apply and Application Details
- Access and fill out the application form. Submitting the application form means the agreement to the programme’s terms and conditions
- Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- Matric certificate or final results from Grade 11, whichever is applicable
- South African ID
- Your FEDISA “Future Vision” entry must be carefully packaged
- Include a letter of motivation, rationale, receipts cost breakdown, and final runway look images, all as mentioned earlier
If you’re not sure how to write an effective motivation letter for a bursary, check out this article for motivation letter writing guidance.
All submissions may be delivered to the nearest FEDISA campus. Winning submissions will be displayed on the school campus as well as its social media platforms.
Download the Fedisa Bursary Application Pack for the full information.
FEDISA will announce the winners by 30 September 2022.
20 January 2022
Tel.no: 021 424 0975
50 Wierda Rd W
Wierda Valley, Sandton
Cape Town Campus
81 Church Street
Cape Town CBD
View other bursaries opening for new applications on our bursary calendar page.