About National Arts Council (NAC)
NAC strives to become one of the forerunners in the field of arts, culture and creativity. Established in 1997 by the Parliament, the National Arts Council (NAC) International Bursary provides opportunities to artists.
It encourages students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to gain opportunities for accessing arts, appreciating and understanding art, promoting art through various communities, propagating the freedom to express art, providing a national identity, addressing the national importance of art, and helping in striking a relationship between art institutions and individuals.
The organization supports the free and diversified expression of arts. National Arts Council is a responsive and accessible funding agency that delivers its promises to the public. The company has helped in promoting sustainability and the development of the creative sector. NAC aims to boost and create a platform for talented artists through its bursary programs.
National Arts Council (NAC) International Bursary 2023
NAC is inviting students to apply for their International Bursary for the upcoming academic year.
The bursary is provided for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in any Arts qualification, including craft, dance, literature, multidiscipline, music, theater, and visual arts at any accredited and recognized tertiary educational institution in South Africa.
The bursary covers registration and tuition fees. Bursaries of value R250 000 are provided per year. In certain situations for seasoned artists, the cost can be provided by the NAC bursary committee as well. If another source covers the student’s fees, then the tuition fees can be dispersed through travel, books, and subsistence allowance. However, it is at the discretion of the panel.
Candidates are selected based on the merit of the artists, the credibility of the qualification chosen, the status of the institution selected, and upon the financial need of the candidate. The grant will be renewed each year based upon the adherence of the chosen candidate to the terms and conditions of the bursary. Upon completion of the qualification, candidates must share their knowledge with underprivileged organizations through various outreach programs organized by NAC.
You can click here to learn more about guidelines for international bursaries.
You have to suffice the following criteria to be considered eligible for the bursary programme.
- The applicants must be a citizen of South African
- The applicant must be selected in any one of the courses mentioned by the bursary panel for full-time in an accredited and registered tertiary institution in South Africa
- The applying candidate must obtain a minimum 65% average
- Candidates are selected based on the merit of the artists, the credibility of the qualification chosen, the status of the institution selected and upon the financial need of the candidate.
How To Apply?
To apply for the National Arts Council (NAC) International Bursary 2023, applicants need to register and fill out the online application form.
You must submit the application online. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 26th May 2023.
You have to submit the following document while submitting the application
- Certified copies of ID documents (not more than 12 months old)
- Certified copies of degrees/ diplomas/ certificates
- Acceptance proof in University
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Course structure copy
- Prior learning qualifications
- Bank statement
- Evidence of others receiving a bursary
- Income proof
- Reference letters (2) from industry professionals
- A motivational letter stating your plans for the future and why you should be selected for the bursary
The last date for National Arts Council (NAC) International Bursary 2023 is 31 March 2023 at 23:59. Applications submitted post the bursary panel will not consider the given deadline.
To solve any query regarding the bursary, click here,
Tel: 087 7000 683/ 011 010 8850
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/