About AstraZeneca SA
AstraZeneca plc is a pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical multinational company based in Cambridge, England. Its portfolio features a wide range of products that tackle major diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular problems, respiratory issues and inflammations. Founded in 1999, the company employs over 50, 000 people in over 100 countries.
Since its establishment, AstraZeneca has been driven by innovation in its R&D department. This scientific modernism is also promoted through its corporate social responsibilities. By promoting the academic progress of students in various science industries, the organization hopes to replenish the number of gifted minds found in this sector. AstraZeneca offers a variety of bursaries towards this end.
The AstraZeneca Bursary 2021
The AstraZeneca Bursary 2021 focuses on candidates pursuing studies in the scientific fields. This financial aid is available to students majoring in the following courses:
- Medical Science
Applicants should also be in the final year of their studies (undergraduate or honors) at the Universities of Johannesburg or Witwatersrand.
Funds from the bursary will cover registration fees, tuition, exam fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted four weeks (at the latest) after the closing date. Students who do not receive a reply by then should consider their application unsuccessful.
AstraZeneca Bursary 2021 Application and Requirements
Those who wish to apply for this bursary will need to meet a minimum set of requirements. Failure to meet these criteria will lead to the immediate disqualification of an application. Students applying for the bursary should:
- Be a South African citizen
- Be of African, Colored, Indian or Asian descent
- Have completed their Matric studies
- Come from a previously marginalized family
- Be studying one of the scientific courses sponsored by the bursary
- Be a student of the University of Witwatersrand or University of Johannesburg
- Be in the final year of their studies
Candidates for this bursary will have to complete their application online at https://bsp.fundi.co.za/. Students will first need to create an account and log into the portal before they can access the application form. Registration is a quick process that will only take a few minutes.
The completed application should then be submitted together with the following documents. Failure to provide any of the accompanying items required will also result in immediate disqualification. These documents include:
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of your Matric certificate
- All previous university academic records (printed on an official letterhead)
- Proof of registration (on an official letterhead)
- Current Fees Statement (Printed on an official letterhead)
- A brief Motivation Letter (not more than 500 words)
- Proof of income (payslips or an affidavit of unemployment)
These supporting documents should be submitted together with the application form before the deadline, using the online platform provided.
15th January 2021
Address: Building 2 Northdowns Office Park 17 Georgian Crescent West BRYANSTON – 2021 Johannesburg – South Africa
Telephone Number: +27 (0) 11 797 6000
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org