About Cape Wools SA
Cape Wools SA is South Africa’s official industry representative organization that was founded in 1997. The organization is comprised of multiple groups involved in the wool business, which includes wool producers, wool buyers, wool traders, wool testers, among others.
The overall mission of the organization is to offer support to the South African wool industry and work towards its betterment. It facilitates that through research and development, market promotion, and market intelligence.
Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund 2021 – 2022
Cape Wools offers financial help to a certain number of students each year in the form of bursaries. It is funded by the Wool Industry Bursary Trust.
For the academic year 2022, the bursaries will be awarded to those that are pursuing their education in Textile or Fashion Design. Other qualifications are also eligible for the bursary, provided they’re related to the wool industry.
The bursaries will provide coverage for the following:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed books
- Miscellaneous study-related materials
The amount will be determined by the CWSA. For those studying at Grootfontein Agricultural College, the bursary will offer approximately R 20,000 for practical on farm training. The amount will go directly to the farmer to defray costs.
Academic merit is the primary selection criterion. Students will excellent academic performance have a higher chance of getting the funding.
Initially, the bursary will be awarded for one year. Based on academic performance, it can be renewed each year.
As part of the bursary requirement, students will have to engage in vacation work at a wool farm for at least four weeks per annum. After the completion of their respective programme, they’ll have to work at a farm or organization. The duration will be equal to the period of the funding received.
To be selected for the bursary, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria first. These are the first parameter CWSA uses to choose the bursars. You must ensure that you meet all the criteria.
The requirements for Cape Wools bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be either pursuing to intend to pursue a qualification in the wool industry
- Must fulfill the admission requirements of the institution you intend to study at
- For Textile and Fashion design students, they must focus on wool, and their final year collection garment must be prepared from at least 50% wool
- For students pursuing Masters, they must focus on wool and its application
Besides the above requirements, there’s a preference structure as well.
For the bursary, preference is given to those studying at an Agricultural College. Tertiary students who are pursuing a qualification in fashion and textile design studies are also preferred.
Also, preference is given to third-year (or onward) students focused on wool or sheep.
Requirements for Students at Grootfontein Agricultural College
There are additional specific requirements for students studying at the Grootfontein Agricultural College, which are:
- If applying in the first or second year of study, you must intend to specialize in wool (Merino production unit) in the third year of study
- Must maintain a satisfactory academic record and comply with the college’s rules while applying for renewal
How to Apply?
To begin the application process, you must download the Cape Wools SA Bursary Application Form. Read all the instructions carefully and complete all the sections.
Next, you need to prepare the documents necessary for this bursary. The list of documents required are:
- ID documents (certified copies only)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric
- If completed Matriculation, submit the Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record or transcripts. If currently studying, also include the latest results (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of registration (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of permanent residence
- If part of other bursaries, submit their details
- A motivation letter stating why you’re the best candidate for the bursary
Finally, email the application and the documents to email@example.com. For the subject line, insert “Cape Wools Bursary Application“.
You can also post your application to:
The General Manager
Cape Wools SA
P.O. Box 2191
The last date to apply for the Cape Wools bursary is 31 October 2021.
For further details, get in touch with the bursary provider at:
- Telephone – 041 484 4301
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT contact Cape Wools SA if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/