About Digby Wells
Digby Wells Environmental is an employee-owned organization with a notable global footprint and local presence. The company was established with a mission to become the preferred Environmental and Social solutions partner across the resources industry. It is responsible for providing environmental, social, and sustainability solutions for the resource, infrastructure, energy, and agriculture sectors.
Presently, in addition to the South African office, Digby Wells has expanded rapidly and is now operating across the United Kingdom, Jersey, Botswana, Mali, and most recently, Tanzania.
Digby Wells Bursary 2020
The Digby Wells Environmental Education Trust is awarding bursaries to a selected number of exceptional full-time students registering for their undergraduate (1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year) and Postgraduate studies for the 2020 academic year. The bursary is applicable within the following fields of study:
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Geography
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology
- Bachelor of Science in Soil Science
- Bachelor of Science in Aquatic Health
- Bachelor of Science in Hydrogeology
- Bachelor of Science in Hydrology
- Bachelor of Science in Botany
The bursary will cover financial aid, comprising of tuition fees, a laptop, and a book allowance. On top of that, successful bursars will also receive:
- Paid vacation employment with practical training and on-site exposure;
- On-going mentorship from Digby Wells’ experienced staff; and
- Full-time employment upon graduation.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order for the applicant’s application to be considered, he or she must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria:
- South African citizen
- Demonstrate strong academic potential
- Achieved a minimum result of 60% for English, Mathematics, and Physical Science in Matric
- Studying or intend to study full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Desire to pursue a career within the Environmental and Social Services Industry
- Passionate about working outdoors
- Preference will be given to historically disadvantaged students
How to Apply and Application Details
The application form can be obtained upon request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and can also be downloaded by clicking here.
Afterward, applicants will be required to fill out and complete the application form and submit clear copies of the following documentation:
- ID document
- Matric latest results (only applies to applicants currently in Matric)
- Matric certificate (only applies to those who completed Matric)
- June/July academic results (or any recent results if not studying this year)
- Full academic record (applies to those who are currently at tertiary level)
- Proof of acceptance from your University
- Recommendation letter (must not be from relative or family member)
All applications must be submitted electronically via email at email@example.com
The email subject line of the application must be “Digby Wells Bursary Application – Your Full Name”
Please be advised that failure to complete the application form and submit all necessary documents listed above may lead to an unsuccessful application.
30 November 2019
For any queries regarding this bursary program, you may get in touch with Digby Wells directly.
Tel: 011 789 9495
Fax: 011 069 6801