Potato Industry Development Trust Bursaries
Potatoes South Africa Bursary Scheme also is known as the Potato Industry Development Trust Bursary. PIDT annually invites applications from qualified applicants who wish to continue higher education studies in the field of Agriculture. Priority will be given to applications from students who have an interest in pursuing a research in a potato related field.
PIDT grants all bursaries to the diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate students studying agriculture at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa. Upon graduation, bursary holders will be required to work for any potato industry related companies or organization within the South African countries, with the timeframe equivalent to the duration of the bursary.
An induction programme takes place every year to give bursary holders the opportunities to gain more knowledge about the potato industry. Included activities in the programme are visits to fresh produce markets, potato farm, processing plant and research facilities. Bursary holders who require practical training as part of their qualification and completion, will also be given the chance to further develop their skills through an internship as well as workplace experience program to improve their employability.
About Potato Industry Development Trust (PIDT)
The Potato Industry Development Trust (PIDT) is a part of Potatoes South Africa, established in November 2004 in accordance with the requirement for the approval of statutory standards for potatoes. Potatoes South Africa is an organization that aims to maintain and support the interests of the South African potato industry.
Potatoes SA core businesses include administration of information gathering, research and potato breeding program, marketing and product promotion as well as communication channels for information sharing.
To know more about Potatoes South Africa, visit here.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Excellent academic performance
- Official proof of registration at a South African tertiary institution/university
- Second-year students in the field of agriculture, for Diploma and Undergraduate applicants
- Honours, Masters and PhD students in the field of agriculture – potatoes, for Postgraduate applicants
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the appropriate application form:
- Submit the following documents together with your application form:
- Certified copies of ID
- Certificates of qualifications
- Latest academic records
- Institution/university acceptance letter
- Progress report or recommendation letter from supervisor for students applying for the Masters – PhD
- Full-length photograph of yourself
- Submit your application to the Potato Industry Development Trust Bursary Department via email at [email protected] or fax: 086 577 9944
Closing Date 31 October
Note:- Applicants who have not been contacted by the last week of January must regard their application as being unsuccessful.
Address: 6 De Havilland Crescent Persequor Techno Park Persequor Park Pretoria
Post: Private Bag x135 Pretoria 0001
Tel: +27 (0)12 349 1906
Fax: +27 (0)86 2432961