Sanlam is calling on suitable candidates who are looking for bursary support to submit an application for its current Bursary Programme offering. The bursary programme is for high potential students who wish to advance their actuarial studies but are hindered mainly by financial constraints.
Sanlam’s bursary programme offers the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- Book allowance
- Pocket money
- Actuarial Board Exam fees
Aside from these financial aids, the students will also receive the following:
- Vacation work.
- Networking opportunities with the staff members of Sanlam.
- Academic mentoring and support from Sanlam actuarial professionals.
- Opportunities for rotational work across different disciplines.
- Guaranteed employment after graduation.
About Sanlam GTI
Sanlam GTI, or Group Technology and Information, is a global, diversified financial services company and is one of the largest insurance organizations around the world. With headquarters located in South Africa, Sanlam operates in 44 countries and has the most expansive foothold in South Africa. For more than a century, Sanlam has been in operation and has constantly been providing value-added services to clients all over the world.
Sanlam Actuarial Bursaries Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for the Sanlam Actuarial Bursary, the student must meet the following minimum requirements before sending an application:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Has completed Matric or is currently in Matric OR.
- Enrolled in the upcoming year to study Actuarial Science.
- For Grade 11 and Matric, have a minimum of 90% in Mathematics.
- For Grade 11 and Matric, have a minimum “A” overall average.
- Possesses strong skills in mathematics.
- Preference goes to students from specific groups namely African, Indian or Coloured.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the student’s application getting disregarded. Moreover, the student must also have these personal attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Has the ability to adapt to different situations
- Has the ability to function independently
- Has superior accuracy and organizational skills.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Applications are done online. Click on the link to access the recruitment page
- Register an account if you haven’t done so
- Be sure to attach the following documents when prompted
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- For Grade 11, a certified copy of the year-end results.
- For Matric, a certified copy of the mid-year results.
- NBT results.
- Curriculum Vitae with special focus on leadership skills, academics, and extra-mural activities
- A letter of motivation showing the answers to the following:
- Describe what an actuary does in your own words
- What is your reason for studying actuarial science?
- What do you think it takes to become a successful actuary?
- Why should the company award you the bursary support?
- What other careers would you consider should you not succeed with this application?
31 October 2020
Address: 173 Oxford Rd, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
Tel: 010 900 1244
CAPE TOWN OFFICE
Address: 46 Hof Street Oranjezicht
Tel: 021 180 4880